Located at 55 Farmington Ave, Hartford, CT; Monday thru Friday; 35 hours per week.
- New state employees start at the minimum of the salary range.
Applicants are required to upload a resume and cover letter with their submission. (Note: In order to upload documents you must ensure that your internet browser's 'pop-up' blocker is off. Failure to do so may prevent you from being able to upload documentation and submit your application.)
Candidates invited to interview will be required to submit three business references. Additionally, current state employees will be required to submit their last two performance evaluations and last two years of attendance records. Questions about these required documents should be directed to the hiring agency's human resources office: Grace Soares, Grace.email@example.com, (860) 702-3322.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Grace Soares at Grace.firstname.lastname@example.org, (860) 702-3322.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency Information Technology (IT) environment, this class is accountable for performing the most complex and technical support work and/or acting as a working supervisor of Information Technology Analysts engaged in information systems development or technical support.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Examples of Duties:
Responsible for the most complex and technical support, provide in-depth proactive and ongoing database performance monitoring of Core-CT's complex enterprise database environment. Identify errors or deficiencies and recommend and implement configuration and / or tuning changes to optimize and ensure access, system performance and integrity; provide consultation to management and all teams regarding database optimization, tuning and supporting technologies to insure the needs of the business are met. Recommend procedures and technical implementation standards for ensuring the security, optimization and integrity of all database environments. Develop and maintain up to date procedural documentation; Research, design, analyze, develop, build and configure Core-CT's highly complex, enterprise-wide integrated production, development and test database environments to ensure optimized performance, stability and integrity across the full Core-CT application suite; Serve as member of the database support team to creation, build and maintenance database environments to ensure quality, efficient, consistent and repeatable processes; Participate in infrastructure strategic technology transition deployed using Oracle's Grid computing architecture, incorporating database conversion, upgrade and new software technologies to provide high availability, scalability and reliability; Provide database management support across multi-tiered infrastructure with hardware platforms housed both at Core-CT's primary and disaster recovery sites. Assist in the development and implementation of Core-CT's comprehensive disaster recovery plan to reflect these new technologies. Document changes to architecture and conversion plans; Perform database troubleshooting and assistance with escalated Tier II database support issues; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of systems analysis, design, development, and computer programming; considerable knowledge of principles of information systems; considerable knowledge of principles and theories of business and planning functions; considerable knowledge of programming languages; considerable knowledge of project management principles and techniques; considerable knowledge of principles, problems and techniques of data processing and data communication operations; considerable knowledge of data processing and data communications equipment and diagnostic tools; considerable knowledge of methods and procedures used to conduct detailed analysis and design of computer systems; considerable knowledge of principles of complex computer operating systems; knowledge of principles and techniques of business information systems re-engineering; knowledge of network protocols and architecture; knowledge of practices and issues of systems security and disaster recovery; knowledge of applications systems development principles and techniques; knowledge of principles and practices of data base management; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable oral and written communication skills; considerable problem solving skills; considerable technical problem solving skills; considerable analytical skills; considerable ability to prepare correspondence, manuals, reports and documentation; considerable ability to analyze and resolve operational and communications problems; considerable ability to analyze and debug complex software programs; considerable ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex business and technical problems; some supervisory ability.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Seven (7) years of experience in information technology (IT) operations, programming, systems/software development or another IT related field.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been at the full professional working level with responsibility for performing a full range of complex technical support functions in one of the following areas:
1. Assisting in the design, implementation and management of a major communications network.
2. Providing technical and administrative support for a wide area network (WAN) or mini-computer system.
3. Assisting in the installation and maintenance of major sub-systems or installing and maintaining other host and/or network software.
4. Participating in the design and development of system applications.
5. Serving as a project coordinator responsible for coordinating the design, development, programming and implementation of moderately complex information systems projects.
For state employees this is interpreted at the level of Information Technology Analyst 2.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training in management information systems, computer science or information technology related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in management information systems, computer science or electrical engineering may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Expertise in Oracle11gR2 or Oracle 12c RAC or Exadata environment.
- DBA administration support in at least one of the following Oracle/PeopleSoft environments: HRMS 9.2+, Financials 9.2+, EPM 9.1+, Portal/Integration Hub, CRM 9.2, OBIEE 11g or higher.
- Knowledgeable in the installation, configuration and testing of fixes and performing upgrades to an Oracle Database cluster environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle databases with strong system level (Linux) and infrastructure background.
- Expertise with advanced Oracle database infrastructure technologies including Real Application Clusters (RAC), Cluster Ready Services (CRS), Automatic Storage Management (ASM), Data Partitioning, Data Compression and Oracle DataGuard.
- Expertise in database backup and recovery, exports, imports, cloning and database refreshes. Experience with RMAN.
- Experience with database capacity planning.
- Experience with complex database performance monitoring, tuning and optimization.
- Expertise configuring, testing and managing DataGuard instances.
- Expertise with UNIX scripting.
- Experience installing and maintaining Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.