Westlake Financial Services is the largest privately held finance company in the Nation.
We are committed to growing and strengthening our organization by hiring the people that make Westlake World (our culture) what it is. Through hiring the best fitting applicant and supporting our people in further developing their skills, we transition our Applicants into Westlake Warriors (our people).
With 30% YOY growth and assets of 6.5 Billion, we are always looking to acquire talented individuals as we expand our presence in the Auto Finance Industry. Westlake Financial Services believes in PEOPLE with the PURPOSE and PASSION to assist our more than 22,000 dealer partners throughout North America.
WESTLAKE WARRIOR | Customer Relations Specialist (WSLS)
The primary objective of this position is the maximization of Westlake’s cross-marketing and retention efforts, accomplished through telemarketing, mail, email, and other contact opportunities. Superior telephone, customer service, and sales ability are essential for the successful candidate.
This individual will interact with other internal departments as a coordinator and facilitator, including Sales, Originations, and Customer Service. The position will also include extensive service contact with Westlake dealerships.
The successful candidate is self-directed in work prioritization and will demonstrate good judgment-making ability within the scope of the position’s areas of responsibility. The associate will perform all duties in accordance with Westlake policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations.
- Primarily responsible for following up on the saved Buy-Program emails that are received from auto dealer partners
- Partner with dealers and help maximize the Buy Program
- Solicits qualified customers for opportunities to sell complementary products and promote a second or third Auto Financing transaction with Westlake
- Supports Westlake dealerships with customer retention programs by directing prospective customers to eligible dealers
- Assists in the new loan funding process, as needed
- Services current and potential repeat customers on any questions or concerns regarding Customer Appreciation initiatives
- Retrieves and services incoming emails faxes and applicable written and/or verbal requests
- Able to work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings and weekends
- Superior marketing and telephone sales skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of automobile financing processes, including point-of-sale, underwriting, and servicing
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Positive and “Can-Do” attitude
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of basic credit underwriting processes, including familiarity with consumer credit reports
- Willingness to learn new skills
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous sales or marketing experience preferred
- Previous experience in loan underwriting, preferably in the automotive finance industry
MACHINES, OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE
- Customer relationship applications; Day Break or other retail consumer servicing systems
- Web navigation and/or web-based applications
- Personal computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- 10-key calculator and QWERTY keyboard skills
- Copier, Faxing & other general office supplies
- Familiar with NADA, Kelly Blue Book, and Black Book vehicle valuation systems
FULL TIME BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account
- 401K matching
- Employee Stock Ownership Program in a $2.6 Billion Company, plus company matching
- Wellness Program, Daily Team Exercises, Fresh Fruit for all employees
- Metro Tap Card and Metro-link Reimbursement
- Westlake University, Certification Programs
- Career Path Opportunities
- Discounts on Parks, Museums, Movie Tickets, and Attractions
- Wireless, Computer, and Satellite Discounts
- Onsite DMV
- Employee Loan Assistance Westlake Bike Share (Free Bikes onsite)
- Onsite Yoga, Treadmill Desks, Gym Membership Discounts
- Annual Flu Shots, Biometric Screenings
- Paid Vacations Days
- Paid Sick days
- Paid holidays
- Rental Car Discounts, Dell Member Purchase Program
People. Purpose. Passion.
These are the hallmarks of Westlake Financial Services, and have been since our inception in 1988. Westlake specializes in prime to sub-prime automotive financing, helping car dealerships do what they do best: sell cars. Our unique credit approval software (known as "The Buy Program ©") allows dealers to get an on-the-spot loan approval without waiting for callbacks, fax-backs, or rehashes.
Westlake Financial Services is an Internet based, privately held finance company that specializes in the acquisition and servicing of sub-prime and non-prime automotive retail installment contracts. Headquartered in Southern California, Westlake originates indirect retail installment contracts through a network of 21,000 new and used car dealers throughout the United States. All collections and servicing are performed in-house from its central facility located in the Mid-Wilshire area of Los Angeles.
Westlake's success didn't just happen overnight. It took years of hard work, cultivation, and smart intuition to get to where we are today. Not content to rest on our laurels, Westlake continues to build and refine, always keeping our dealers and customers in mind.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.