Who We Are: Trowbridge Steel
We are a reinforcing steel fabricator and have been providing service in the DC and Northern Virginia area for the last 50 years. Our administrative offices and production facility are located in Sterling, Virginia. Trowbridge Steel is a company that cares for our employees. We support clear and open communication with management and provide room to grow. We have a familial atmosphere that supports our self-driven, motivated employees. We provide vacation, 401k, profit sharing and medical benefits. We are looking for a Reinforcing Detailing Manager who can meet the critical needs of our Detailing operation, managing the flow of technical information between Trowbridge Steel and customers, subcontractors, and/or vendors. This is a stable, long-term career opportunity with a medium size company that has thrived through varying economic cycles.
Roles & Responsibilities: Detailing Manager
The Detail Manager supports the success of each customer order by ensuring Trowbridge Steel, the customer and all other needed parties are aligned with the same product, quality and timing expectations. This role requires strong communication skills and detail orientation to develop strong relationships with both customers and contracted partners. Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversees/Coordinates the outside Detailing operation, coordinating the detailing efforts of various common subcontractors.
- Serves as a direct link between detailers, project managers, and other production departments, customers, other contractors, design and/or construction teams as required.
- Reviews design drawings for accuracy and completeness, and coordinates resolution of discrepancies and/or missing information with project management, customers, detailing, shop and field.
- Coordinates project sequencing and basic detailing job setup and shop and erection drawings.
- Monitors project schedules regarding submittals, approvals, and shop fabrication releases. Works directly with Fabrication, Shipping Department, and Project Management Departments to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of drawings are maintained.
- Organizes detailing RFI process through formal RFI-to-customer and informal RFI's with the engineer, architect, and general contractor.
- Distributes and routes drawings.
- Document Control to avoid delays.
- Facilitates and fulfills other documentation efforts and duties as required.
- Two (2) years related experience in the detailing/coordination or installation of reinforcing steel projects.
- Working knowledge of fabrication and erection standards and procedures.
- Firm knowledge of ACI and CRSI standards.
- Knowledge and the ability to read and interpret shop and design drawings.
- An associates or higher degree in Construction Management preferred but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Reinforcing Detailing: 3 years (Preferred)