Camp Eagle Hill is looking for a few more responsible and experienced individuals to join our Waterfront Staff as lifeguards/swim instructors for the upcoming summer. This position would be contracted to start June 19th, 2018 and end on August 4th, 2018.
Founded in 1963, Camp Eagle Hill is a family-run, coed sleepaway camp located in Elizaville, NY. Our campers range from the ages of 6-16 and come from not just the United States but also all over the world! Our Directorship knows and cares for all of our campers and staff and helps them to enjoy a great camp experience.
- Lifeguards will work 5 or 6 of the daily activity periods at their specific activity, working under the direct supervision of the Waterfront Director.
- Duties are divided between swim instruction and lifeguarding.
- During instructional periods, lessons are given to campers in a group setting. These lessons include waterfront safety and the development of basic strokes. Instructors follow the general guidelines and principles of American Red Cross instruction.
- During a lifeguarding period, Lifeguards observe the swimming facility, which may be either at the lake or one of the two pools.
- Ensure a safe environment by implementing Buddy Checks and other waterfront safety policies.
The Lifeguard/Swim Instructorposition, as with all of the specialist positions, is first and foremost a counselor position. The specialist will live in a cabin with 7-8 campers and 1 or 2 other counselors. Together they will be responsible for overseeing the daily domestic issues that occur within the cabin and among the campers.
- Applicant should have a strong swimming background.
- Competitive experience at a varsity or collegiate level is a plus.
- Prior teaching experience is favored.
- Must have a current American Red Cross certification in Lifeguard Training, First Aid, and CPR (or be able to obtain these certifications prior to the start of their employment).
- Required Experience: 1 year.
Job Type: Temporary
- Lifeguard/Swim Instructor: 1 year