Serve as project manager and project buyer, working in close coordination with program staff, infrastructure, purchasing, and vendor and subcontractors to attain procurement goals in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Maintain the status of open orders, as required, update open orders, manage critical material expedites, communicate with program team members, and expedite delivery reports for updates and status of supplier delivery information. Offer and track promised delivery dates, update subcontract and buyer tracking and reporting reports, review and interpret bills of material, analyze changing material demand patterns, and plan the purchasing function to attain company metrics, including turns and customer fill rate. Interface with vendors and subcontractors and forecast material and delivery integrity. Oversee and improve vendor and subcontractor performance, as needed, establish and maintain supplier relationships and contacts, support the souring efforts for procuring and delivering material on time and with the highest quality standards, and process customer order inquiries, schedule changes, and cancellations. Determine, research, and correct delivery discrepancy causes, develop anticipated pipeline of acquisition actions, conduct early negotiations with vendors and subcontractors to agree on terms and conditions, and guarantee the best value for the government. Perform analysis to identify suppliers that are routinely late with deliveries, working with these suppliers and management support to implement processes needed to improve delivery and performance. Due to the nature of work performed within this facility, U.S. citizenship is required.
- 5+ years of experience in contract or subcontract administration with contractors supporting federal contracts
- Experience with various types of contracts, including FFP, FFPLOE, CPFF Term and LOE, T&M, and various IDIQ types
- Experience with negotiating complex subcontract terms and conditions and non-disclosure and teaming agreements
- Experience with government subcontract file documentation, CPSR requirements, and the proposal process for federal acquisitions
- Experience in a high-volume subcontract administration environment
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs)
- Knowledge of GSA schedules, GWACs, and IDIQ vehicles
- BA or BS degree or 10+ years of experience with subcontracts or contracts
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.