Millican & Associates, Inc. is a records and information management consulting firm with over thirty (30) years of experience working with clients across a variety of industries and government agencies.
We currently have an opening for a Systems Architecture Engineer with Secret Clearance to evaluate, analytically and systematically, problems of work flow , organization, and planning and develop appropriate corrective action.
Qualifications/Education for the Systems Engineer:
- Specialized experience including supervision of system architects, use of structured analysis, design methodologies and design tools (IDEF1x, entity relationship diagrams, CASE, or other design techniques), object-oriented principles, COTS integration or experience with the logical and technical architecture of large and complex information systems;
- Familiarity with emerging requirements for GOTS/COTS components and Web-based technology.
- Establishes system information in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale information systems.
- Works with other technical disciplines, such as functional analysts, business process reengineering specialists, and software and systems engineers;
- Designs architecture to include the software, hardware and communications to support the total requirements, as well as provide for present and future cross functional requirements and interfaces;
- Ensure the systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems architectures, the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) and International Standards Organizations (ISO) reference models, and profiles of standards - such as the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model as then apply to the implementation and specification of information management (IM) solution if the application platform across the application program interface (API) and the external environment/software application;
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field;
- Secret clearance required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Systems engineering: 6 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings