- Supervises five Associate Directors, Fellowships Office Coordinator, and administrative support staff.
- Leads large portfolio of career professionals across schools and academic programs
- Manages career advising, business career services, and employment relations
- Oversees day-to-day operations of the Career Services to ensure student-focused service.
- Provides leadership and articulates the vision and mission for Career Services. Fosters a positive team dynamic among staff in the unit, focused on student success.
- Collaborates with colleagues to strengthen services to professional schools, School of Business, and academic departments within the College and Schools;
- Facilitates assessment, collects and disseminates placement data;
- Fosters the use of technology as a professional differentiator;
- Builds and expands partnerships with alumni and employers.
- Responsible for fiscal planning and oversight of the annual operating budget.
- Develops and implements annual strategic plans, policies, procedures and protocols.
- Represents the Career Services on University committees relevant to employment, academic support services and initiatives.
- Expands post-graduation opportunities for students through partnering with potential employers, service organizations and graduate schools.
- Chairs the Career Advisory Board with membership from all Loyola departments that serve undergraduates, graduates, and/or alumni in career planning and placement.
- Assists in the development of university-wide policies, procedures, systems, and tools that support successful
preparation for employment and transition into post-graduation experiences. Participates in all phases from idea generation to implementation, evaluation and result reporting.
- Publishes an annual report with outcomes data on post-graduation placements.
- Performs related duties as required.
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
Master’s degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or at least 9 + years related experience and/or training.
- Ability to work effectively with students in a holistic manner with an enthusiasm for providing student-centered services in the Ignatian tradition.
- Ability to foster partnerships with employers and campus partners
- Ability to work with University leadership across units negotiating competing demands
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with employers, faculty, staff, students and parents.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to hire, train, evaluate and supervise a professional staff.
- Experience developing and implementing student programming at the post-secondary level.
- A commitment to academic excellence, social justice and service, values-based leadership, global awareness and diversity.
- Ability to embrace, promote and articulate the University’s Jesuit Catholic identity.
Experience using Handshake Software preferred.
Experience with career services, applications, information technologies and databases.
Microsoft Office 365
Supervisory Responsibilities Yes
Required operation of university owned vehicles No
Does this position require direct animal or patient contact? No
Physical Demands Standing
Working Conditions Irregular Hours
Open Date 03/04/2020
Special Instructions to Applicants