- Responsible for overall project delivery (scope, cost, schedule, quality, safety, information management) on multiple project assignments
- Manages project development from programming (Scope to Budget) through completion (Closeout) in accordance with program objectives defined by Jacobs Management
- Writes, manages, and administers contract agreements for project consultants, contractors and vendors
- Manages pre-bid and post-bid meetings, prepares recommendation of award for Garland ISD approval, writes construction contract and expedites Garland ISD execution of that contract
- Manages all budgets, schedules, scope development, design and construction contracts, documents, procedures and controls for assigned projects
- Leads the design review and cost estimate review process for the assigned projects
- Reviews and approves consultant and contractor pay applications and change orders
- Attends meetings and assures that meeting minutes during design and construction are issued by A/E
- Responsible for Jacobs’ overall relationship with Garland ISD school administrative leadership (principal and staff) to ensure collaboration, minimal educational disruption, cooperation and communication
- Manages the permitting process to confirm A/E submission to City compliance and the finalization of the Certificate of Occupancy from the City; Manages and completes entire close out process
- Manages Hazmat consultant and abatement process
- Responsible for move management process
- Manages the development of phasing plans and manages subsequent installation by the General Contractor of swing space T-buildings, if any
- During construction, responsible for maintaining Jacobs’ relationship with Garland ISD principal and staff on a daily basis
- Responsible for coordination of all consultant and contractor activity at each job-site, whether those firms are Garland ISD bond-program contractors or third-party consultants, contractors or client vendors retained by Garland ISD
- Responsible to assure coordination between hazmat consultants/hazmat contractors and base building A/E and base building contractor
- Assures that the Project Engineer and Project Administrators receive information required to produce internal Jacobs and Owner reports, schedule updates, and estimates to complete, etc.
- Manages Pre-Bid and Post-Bid Meetings
- During construction phase, issues site observation reports and safety observation reports
- Reviews and expedites contractor pay applications and other documentation (change order requests, RFI logs, submittal logs, shop drawing submittal and approval logs, etc.)
- Confirms that the A/E and GC expedite the submittal, review and approval of shop drawings, requests for information and change orders
- Coordinates material testing, roof inspection and test & balance firms retained by Garland ISD
- Document all instances of savings or “value added” on an ongoing basis
Bachelors or Masters of Science in Civil, Structural, or Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or other related discipline required
2+ years of project experience required
EIT certification preferred
Experience with large manufacturing facilities construction sites preferred
Experience in the capacity of Quantity Surveying preferred
Proficient with MS Office Suite of tools, exposure to schedule software, preferably Primavera (P6) preferred
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.