Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
We are currently seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Accountant to be responsible for accurate and timely preparation of financial statements and other general ledger related reconciliations and reporting for Empath Health and its’ Affiliates, and is responsible for certain regulatory compliance including, but not limited to State and Federal tax returns, Federal and State cost reports and Federal, State and Local grants reporting. The Accountant will also assist with preparation of entity and grant related operating budgets.
Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As an Accountant with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
- Education and/or Experience: CPA designation preferred. Bachelor degree in Accounting or a business related field with significant Accounting course work or a major in Accounting; three years or more of hands on general ledger accounting experience or a combination of general ledger accounting and financial audit experience in a public accounting environment preferred
- Direct health care industry and/or not-for-profit accounting experience is desirable
- Strong organizational skills and high proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access required; additional Microsoft Office experience preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential and prior direct customer service experience (internal and/or external) is necessary
- Characteristics include: flexibility in shifting between tasks, ability to work independently, ability to monitor and set priorities, adaptability and dependability
- Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) and FRx or Management Reporter experience is a plus. Prior general ledger accounting software experience is essential
- Public accounting experience a plus
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary term life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Professional group liability insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Retirement savings plan with employer match
- Mileage reimbursement
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Local, state and national workshops and conferences
- Advanced certification courses
- Leadership development programs
- Much more!
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.