M.C. Dean, Inc. is the nation’s premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. M.C. Dean’s capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. M.C. Dean, Inc. serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. Established in 1949, M.C. Dean, Inc. has earned a reputation as an innovator and pioneer. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, M.C. Dean, Inc. employs more than 2,500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
M.C. Dean, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
For more information about our company, you can visit www.mcdean.com.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Electrical Maintenance Technician job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
At minimum a high school diploma or GED coupled with:
- Operate and maintain site-critical Engineering systems and equipment that supply the facility with heat, utility and conditioned power, ventilation, air conditioning and other environmental and critical systems in accordance with diagrams, operating manuals, industry best practices, and manufacturers specifications
- Monitor and control building equipment; operate facility’s BAS
- Perform maintenance on Engineering systems and equipment to include such items as, but not limited to, generators, UPS’s and fire and life safety systems
- Disable and re-arm fire alarm panels when required
- Inspect and adjust electrical equipment and systems; perform specific preventive maintenance service, as well as general maintenance functions
- Make periodic inspections of all Engineering systems and equipment and monitoring equipment operations, and maintain equipment operating logs
- Proficiently use test equipment and devices pertinent to building operating systems and analyze test results
- Record and report all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences. Respond to emergency situations and perform any and all tasks necessary for the protection of occupants and property
- Under minimal supervision, perform Data Center or mission critical environment maintenance activities
- Operate and maintain critical systems such as HVAC, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), generators, batteries, switchgear, life safety and building automated systems, and utility systems
- Lifting and physical exertion required
- Perform other related duties as requested
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive and hands-on experience in an environment of similar proportions and mission as the assigned area of responsibility
- A minimum of five years experience in facilities maintenance with thorough understanding of electrical systems, controls, generators, and life safety systems, including five years related experience in data center or complex mission critical environments
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in confined spaces and on ladders, and to lift equipment over six feet above ground
- Must conform to all city, state and federal licensing and certification requirements.
- Possess an active License (determined by the location of services)
This position is considered sensitive and may require extensive background screening processes in order to meet current or future Network and/or government contract needs. Applicants and employees may be subject to and/or be required to meet specific background eligibility requirements in order to apply and maintain such positions.