DAY CPM is now a division of Otak, a multidisciplinary and integrated design firm. This alliance allows us to expand our breadth and depth of Project Management and Owner Representative services. Our mission is to provide responsible management, reliable leadership, responsive communication, and strategic analysis to complex construction projects. We serve as an independent advocate for the owner. Our all-inclusive management process allows clients to focus on their own priorities, while we take care of the rest. Our strong working relationships with engineers, architects, contractors, vendors and subs allows us to keep projects aligned, in-sync and running smoothly.
Due to the tremendous demand for our experience and expertise, we are looking to hire a Project Coordinator who can perform a variety of technical and administrative duties requiring a working knowledge of planning, design management and construction administration. This position directly supports the Senior Project Manager and/or Project Manager (PM) positions. This person is expected to represent Otak with the utmost professionalism in public settings and to demonstrate a high level of customer service when working with both internal and external stakeholders and clients. Strong interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Provide generalized support to the Senior Project Manager (PM) during project lifecycle; pre-design, design, construction & post-occupancy.
- Assist Project Managers in coordination of work by project consultants, builders, clients and staff.
- Work closely with accounting, legal, project accounting and other associated departments to ensure all required documentation is accurate and complete.
- Participate in the documentation and verification of vendor invoices, including general contractor and subcontractor and enter data in a timely and accurate manner to produce coordinated funding documents for county and state funding.
- Review and analyze consultant reports and coordinate client stakeholder review meetings as assigned by PM.
- Assists PM in maintaining project documentation and filing thru DAY CPM and client office automation software, e-Builder and other storage media, including receipt and dissemination of O&M manuals.
- Assists in ensuring appropriate trade and occupant training is conducted as well as resolving warranty issues during post-occupancy phase.
- Participates in the development of client construction design guidelines, Basis of Design, functional programming, specifications development, and development of future capital construction bond programs.
- Coordinates consultant work scopes and solicitations with purchasing & contracting as assigned by PM.
- Actively participates in internal and external stakeholder meetings.
- Bring a collaborative, multi-faceted approach to design, problem solving.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse workforce and community.
- Associate's Degree in, Construction Management, Business Administration, Accounting or related area is required. Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience directly supporting large capital projects from design through construction and closeout.
- Knowledge of building design and construction systems is preferred.
- Ability to compile and analyze data, manage budget documentation and review agreements and contracts.
- Strong accounting, organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Experience with project management systems such as E-Builder, Prolog, Primavera, Smartsheet, and SharePoint highly preferred.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply now and be a part of the Otak CPM team. Otak is an equal opportunity employer.