Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We're looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As the Publishing Lead for the New Player team, you'll lead efforts and develop strategies that focus on finding and attracting the next generation of League players. You'll lead a cross-functional marketing team that includes the sub-disciplines of brand, performance marketing, creative, comms, art, digital marketing; and owned, paid & earned media. You will develop adaptable global marketing strategic platforms that regional publishing leads can build on; as well as several end-to-end go-to-market campaigns per year & evergreen strategies to grow the new audience. You'll collaborate with product managers on the best way to adapt the game to the needs of new players. And as Publishing manager, you'll help a team of talented and diverse marketing and communications pros level up by developing their skills as well as driving the objectives and strategies the team will work towards.
- A skilled and experienced marketer: you've racked up several years of leadership experience in marketing but you also stay fresh on what's winning now; you have an expert level track record with B2C marketing tools, including digital tools, as well as experience in implementation of large-scale marketing initiatives. Product management experience in that ladder is a big plus.
- You are T-shaped: able to go deep in some aspects of marketing, while also strategically leading the full complement of tactics and subdisciplines.
- A brand strategist: you have the ability to see the big picture and utilize your suite of skills to level up your team's creative ideas; you back up those strong marketing instincts with meticulous analysis, metrics and stats
- A growth-minded marketer: you understand and have experience with performance marketing & can integrate the latest techniques in this area into the overall publishing mix
- A strategic leader: your strategic planning and results-driven attitude make you an effective leader who can balance and prioritize short-term solutions without losing sight of the long-term vision; when making key decisions, you leave no variable unturned, including project scope, scheduling, viability of launches, risks and mitigation, and efficient issue escalation
- A campaign planner: you have a love for both stories and bringing them to life in all mediums from a basic website update to a global marketing campaign; you'll be responsible for orchestrating effective global campaigns that convey the key message to our players at the right time using the right mediums
- A gamer: you're a gamer with deep passion in one or more competitive genres and you use your gaming experience to connect with and represent players as a gamer yourself; as a gamer who loves marketing you'll stay on top of what is happening across all platforms and genres and analyze industry brand campaigns
- A project lead: you know how to craft the process that brings an idea to life; you maintain a positive, team-oriented attitude that makes you approachable and inspires teammates to meet every challenge with determination and enthusiasm
- Entrepreneurial: you either have entrepreneurial experience or an entrepreneurial spirit, which means you're willing to take risks; you care about challenge and potential, not titles or the size of your team
- An idea accelerator: your creative ideas and the creative ideas of your team don't end at the concept phase, because you push forward the ideas you know will work; you know what brilliant looks like and have no problems pushing others past mental roadblocks with brainstorming sessions that end in unprecedented innovation
- Work closely with product management, regional leads and other publishing teams to develop & redevelop a 360 degree publishing strategy to continually attract the next generation of League players
- Drive hard to continuously create and manage the strategies & programs that help us win the future
- Develop a deep understanding of players from Los Angeles to Seoul, partner with product teams and regional publishing teams, and develop campaigns that will win hearts and minds all over the world
- Manage excellent go-to-market delivery of 2-3 high impact campaigns a year, as well as evergreen ongoing efforts
- Collaborate with product managers on developing and refining the new player product experience
- Assess and then develop team capacity
- Ensure excellent collaboration and communication with Regional publishing teams
- Occasionally take on wider-scope projects that support leveling up League publishing as a whole
Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.