KatzAbosch is one of the largest certified public accounting and business consulting firms in the State of Maryland. With over 60 certified public accountants, the firm’s headquarters is in Timonium, Maryland, with additional offices located in Columbia and Bel Air. The firm is committed to providing the highest quality accounting, tax and consulting services.
KatzAbosch is seeking an experienced Manager in our Tax Department. We are looking for a person with executive presence who has strong tax skills. Experience in corporate tax and working with closely held businesses and high net worth individuals is a must. The tax department is responsible for assisting clients with organizing their business and personal activities in such a way as to minimize their tax obligations to the fullest extent allowed. The tax department also helps clients comply with all federal, state and local tax filing obligations consistent with their tax minimization plans.
Descriptions of Duties:
- Corporate tax expertise including multistate (SALT experience would be a plus)
- Review of federal, state, individual , partnership and corporation (both C & S) tax returns
- Tax Planning for high net worth individuals, closely held businesses, and corporations
- Tax research and preparation of research memorandums
- Participation in direct training of less experienced staff and involvement in tax department sponsored firm wide tax training seminars
- Thorough understanding and experience of tax compliance requirements for all types of entities including corporations (S & C), partnerships, individuals, non-profits and trusts
- Federal and state government audit representation and conflict resolution
- Supervises staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the firm's policies
- Good communication and organizational skills
Qualifications: Applicants must possess a BS degree in Accounting from an accredited University and current CPA License along with at least 7 to 10 years' experience in tax. Must possess sharp analytical skills, strong communication skills including the ability to effectively present information and respond to client's needs. Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations. Must have the ability to communicate both verbally and written, be technically competent, self-motivated and reliable to anticipate needs of clients, etc. Experience with Prosystem FX tax compliance software is a plus. Must be able to use online tax research resources and understanding the research process, and tax efficiency consulting techniques
If interested in applying for this position, please submit a letter of interest, resume and salary history
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time