The Accounting Manager oversees accounting activities for an accounting group or function, including ensuring compliance with Company policy, GAAP and other technical accounting guidelines. The Accounting Manager provides direct supervision to subordinate accountants and accounting clerks, maintains proper internal financial controls, and administers accounting policies and procedures to ensure the integrity of financial reporting.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop strategic and operational plans to achieve results and ensure alignment with company goals and objectives.
- Prepare project earnings schedule for percentage of completion and in accordance with revenue recognition standards
- Prepare analysis of revenue, work in process and cost of goods sold
- Prepare and post journal entries for proper revenue recognition
- Prepare intercompany schedules, reconciliations and journal entries
- Review and send out progress billings per contract
- Research impact of foreign currency transactions
- Oversee timely and accurate processing of accounting data.
- Reconcile accounts and analyze variations from plan and forecast and provide explanations for fluctuations between accounting periods or to highlight unusual or significant items
- Performs accurate and timely month end closing and reconciliations
- Prepares accurate and timely financial reports and performs financial analysis.
- Select, manage, evaluate and develop professional and clerical accounting staff. Provide direct and indirect reports with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities.
- Administer, direct and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual statements and reports for use by other functional areas per the accounting calendar and as otherwise required.
- Prepare and provide support for annual budget process and monthly forecasts with accounting data and analyses.
- Prepare schedules and provide accounting data to support the annual audit as required.
- Prepare schedules and provide accounting data to support the preparation of annual, quarterly, and other SEC reports and filings as required.
- Prepare schedules and provide accounting data to support preparation of tax and sales tax returns as required.
- Administer and direct account analysis/control and recommend and/or implement corrective action to bring accounts into compliance with corporate requirements.
- Administer and direct continuous improvements to current practices/processes.
- Administer and direct correlation between balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Reconcile accounts and analyze variations from plan and forecast and provide explanations for fluctuations between accounting periods or to highlight unusual or significant items.
- Ensure compliance with WESCO Corporate policies and procedures.
Performs other duties as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have a valid US driver’s license
- Must be available to travel moderately between Blue Bell and Annville offices.
- Construction Accounting experience preferred
- Advance Excel skills
- Knowledge of Quickbooks
- Knowledge of Intercompany transactions
- Knowledge of foreign currency and foreign exchange
- Advanced knowledge of accounting processes and techniques
- Strong skills using Microsoft Office suite, with advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of GAAP, financial statements, internal controls and SOX requirements
- Knowledge of one or more large, integrated financial management/accounting systems, such as Oracle, SAP, or JD Edwards
- Strong general business skills and common sense approach to issues
- Strong communication skills
- Skill using a report writer, such as Crystal Reports or FRx
- Ability to deal effectively with customers, vendors, and outside agencies
- Ability to work under tight time schedules and to handle multiple tasks
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
Minimum of 6 years of progressive accounting experience
Strong experience supervising management, non-exempt and exempt employees
Advanced in Microsoft Excel
At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, paid time off (PTO), 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("WESCO"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.”