COMPTON UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
CLASS TITLE: COLLEGE TUTOR (Unclassified)
Under direct supervision of an assigned Principal, perform tutoring support to students for the Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) and Boeing Program. The incumbents in this classification will focus on assisting students on the middle level capable of completing a college preparatory path. Perform technical duties related to their major studies in college.
Perform technical duties related to incumbent’s major studies in college. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others.
- Receive and follow instructions for assigned activities.
- Work constructively and productively on a daily basis.
- Be reliable, on time, and attend to work on a regular basis.
- Some positions may require the ability to read, write or speak a second language other than English.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalency
- Minimum of 48-semester units at an institution of higher education is required.
- Incumbent must maintain 12-semester units during employment and required to submit a sealed transcript along with the application.
Indoor or out door environment.
This classification shall be abolished at the end of the grant and/or categorical funding used to support the program. The College Tutor classification is 10 months. Incumbents in this classification shall work up to a maximum of four hours a day.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.57 /hour