Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is currently seeking a Program Coordinator/Project Controls Specialist for our Boston MA office.
The ideal candidate will perform tasks in support of large client programs and projects including:
- Assignments relating to project scheduling, costs, documents, reporting and estimating activities.
- Assists project managers and program managers with the development, organization and analysis of project data such as fee estimates, earned value analysis, status reports, cost reports, backlog projections and resource needs.
- Work under minimal supervision from Manager within specific guidelines and protocols on highly complex assignments/ problems of limited scope. May coordinate assigned staff.
- Assist Project Controls Team Leader in continuing to grow the service in Massachusetts and beyond, provide input on ways to improve and leadership to assist the team to improve and grow.
As an integral part of a large client program mainly related to municipal and state infrastructure assisting project teams with consistent execution of design and construction projects, the responsibilities include:
Cost Analysis/Change Management
- Develop and implement budget analysis, earned value analysis, status reports, and cost projections based on project scope and PM direction. Assist in tracking and monitoring the change management process. Plan for and use resources efficiently and look for ways to reduce costs. Fulfill accounting audit requirements.
- Create, support, and explain earned value method and tracking to PM and project team
- Develop and maintain project schedules for the Program and Project Managers, forecast resources, monitor sequence for completion, and analyze constraints to determine the effect of changes to the schedule and provide recommendations for corrective action.
- Develop proposal schedules and fee estimates with direction from Program and Project Managers on proposals.
- Establish, implement, and monitor program or project controls for consistency of approach on document control, contracts, project schedules, estimate to complete, budget projections, reports, letters, minutes, and other correspondence.
- Assist Program and Project Managers in adhering to Kleinfelder’s or client-specific system for QA/QC and by regularly updating team on QC of deliverables based on project schedules.
- Set up advanced invoice templates and review invoices for discrepancies, compliance with contract requirements, conduct inquiries and resolve specific project accounting issues.
- Assist with contract administration and ensuring compliance with contract requirements in coordination with the Legal/Contracts group.
- Support PMs in forecasting of resources through use of PCS tools (Deltek, MS Project, Excel)
- Support PM during client meetings as requested.
Project Related Tasks
- Assists with project tasks such as permit applications, agency regulation coordination, project funding, community relations, and project communications.
- Assist Senior PCS as requested.
- Work with the Project Controls Team Leader and team to grow our services and capabilities.
Project Controls Specialist Growth/Business Development
- Work with Team Leader on PCS proposals and initiatives.
- Assist in the creation of qualifications to be used in marketing and business development.
- Contribute ideas and lead initiatives for the PCS team to expand and/or increase industry involvement (events, training, networking, etc.)
- Takes action on his/her own without being prompted
- Handles problems independently
- Able to resolve issues without relying on extensive help from others
- Does more than is expected or asked
- Quickly comprehends new problems and situations.
- Needs very little time to learn and master new processes or tools.
- Able to figure things out as he/she goes along.
Prioritizes and Organizes Work
- Allocates time and attention based on what is most important to achieve key goals and objectives.
- Approaches work in an organized and systematic manner
- Effectively manages tasks, information, and requests
Pursues Self Development
- Demonstrates ambition and desire to move forward in his/her career.
- Engages others in discussions about career development.
- Seeks feedback on ways to increase his/her performance.
- Takes advantage of opportunities to build new skills and capabilities.
- Produces a wide range of ideas and suggestions when presented with a problem or challenge.
- Comes up with creative, new ways of doing things.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills.
- Associates’ degree from a two year college in finance, business, project management or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Bachelors’ degree preferred.
- 4 - 8 years of related experience; 3 - 5 years of financial/ accounting or construction management experience preferred. Individuals with state agency, local government, or public construction background very desirable.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and other related applications and/or database software preferred.
- Working knowledge of scheduling software such as Microsoft Project or Primavera.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.