Fantastic opportunity for an Excellent, Director of Sales, Marriott experience preferred! Leading and supporting the sales efforts to achieve business plan objective and driving top line revenues! Do what you LOVE! #### Why You Want to Work for Us..
You will become part of an Excellent company; have a chance to thrive and use your talents to do something you **LOVE! ** You will have long-term growth potential and opportunity to develop strategies to grow our business #### Who Will this Job Appeal To? A **self starter ** who will work with the sales staff to achieve sales goals. You will be an excellent networker skilled at building relationships with all stakeholders, stay current with industry happenings and events and position the hotel appropriately.
You will enjoy making sales calls, blitz's and entertaining business clients. Someone who **LOVES** the hospitality business! #### What you will be doing.. Research, develop, supervise and analyze the direct marketing and sales activities of the hotel.
Major goal is to achieve specified Sales Department room night and revenue projections in accordance with all annual budgets. #### Essential Functions.. • Under the direction of the GM and in coordination with corporate staff, will be responsible for initial training, continual guidance, future development, and actual revenue productivity of all marketing and sales personnel. Self and sales manager outside sales production and results will be major focus at all times.
- Primary responsibility is monthly/annual group business. Major group markets include S.M.E.R.F., Group Tour, and assisting with local-regional corporate business. • Make outside sales contacts with major specified commercial customers as well as problem accounts. Along with general manager, is a liaison within the community.
- Ensure through assisting, training and supervision that sales managers achieve their individual sales objectives. • Trains and supervises the internal booking procedures of the hotel with all inside sales personnel. • Supervise selected selling guidelines for all sales personnel. • Research and develop written marketing and sales objectives for implementation to obtain "Actual" short term and long term future business.
- Make outside sales contacts with major specified commercial customers as well as problem accounts. Along with general manager, is a liaison within the community. • Participate with General Manager in developing overall hotel business and marketing plan, advertising, public relations, or sales promotional programs. Advise any marketing inefficiencies and opportunities.
Attend any designated industry trade shows and sporadic feeder market trips when called upon (3-5 day trips). • Submit required monthly/quarterly/annual reports to General Manager and designated HVMG corporate staff. • Administer, supervise and analyze all marketing, sales objectives and goals developed through the "Marketing Plan" or specified by the General Manager (in conjunction with HVMG input and support). • Supervise, monitor and take appropriate action concerning marketing/sales department administration and tracking systems.
Evaluates all market segments monthly for future development of written objectives and "fine tuning" of current business/marketing strategies. • Weekly review of sales and marketing activities with General Manager and additional staff members when applicable. Supervise special rate programs within established guidelines. • Participate with General Manager and Food & Beverage personnel in developing and executing programs to promote food and beverage sales.
**SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Conduct weekly sales and marketing staff meetings. • Induce a clean, pleasant and professional image within the department staff to project a positive, polished appearance for guest and potential guest relations. • Develop and/or supervise all follow-up correspondence to clients, at all times, concentrating on professionalism and standards. • Local community involvement as it benefits the hotel via approved memberships in organizations.
- Perform all other services or duties as requested by the General Manager. • Contribute and work as a "team" member in all facets of the position. • Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. • Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
** To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. • Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. **QUALIFICATION STANDARDS: ** **Education: ** • Fifth year college or university program certificate; or equivalent combination of education and experience. **Experience: ** • Requires a minimum of 2 year(s) of experience as a Director of Sales in a similar environment.
- 5 plus years Sales experience in a similar environment. #### Benefits • Medical / Dental / Vision • 401K with match (immediate vesting) • Short Term Disability / Long Term Disability / Life Insurance • Paid Vacation Days / Paid Sick Days / 8 Holidays #### **HVMG [is..An](is..An) Equal Opportunity Employer - We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability. EOE/AA**