It's exciting to work for a company that makes the world measurably better.
We're committed to bringing safety, quality, and customer focus to the business of advanced ceramics manufacturing.
- Applying accepted engineering principles, completes assigned tasks efficiently under limited supervision conferring with supervisor on complex matters, specific assignment objectives, points of emphasis, reference and information sources, or possible solutions as needed.
- May be required to create 3D models, 2D drawings and cutter path with industry standard CAD/CAM systems.
- Develops and maintains complete and accurate written records, such as technical drawings and process documentation, for new or improvements to existing product and/ or processes.
- Interprets customer and company technical drawings for sales and manufacturing departments to ensure products are manufactured in accordance with design specifications; suggests modifications to improve the manufacturing process.
- May develop manufacturing process design for product orders while working closely with production departments in developing cost effective manufacturing processes to meet or exceed customer requirements; provides cost and manufacturing information to leadership as a result.
- May collect and correlate data while following production operations through a series of related detailed steps of processes to discover discrepancies in results, suggesting solutions to problems found as a result.
- Active participant in continuous improvement activities through research, benchmarking and identification of improved methods or tools to increase efficiency.
- Works on assignments that routinely include equipment design and development, test of materials, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigations, report preparation and other activities requiring knowledge of accepted engineering principles, practices, and techniques.
- May perform data gathering work which involves conventional investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents.
- May interact with customers and suppliers to clarify points, research material and investigate improvements to current production processes.
- May function in conjunction with sales personnel, interacting directly with customers in the development of new products and to communicate the Company’s technology capabilities while providing solutions in response to customer request of current production issues.
- Provides training/cross-training in equipment, software and process operations.
- May supervise lower level engineers or technicians as a direct supervisor or in a defined project environment.
- Assists and/or performs in any and all areas as assigned.
- May work any and all shifts/days as required.
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field and/or 6 years of experience in similar discipline.
- Must possess ability to perform detail oriented tasks utilizing excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as intermediate math and computer skills. Excellent listening skills necessary.
- Requires proficiency in specific job related software such as CAD or SPC programs.
- May require proficiency in drafting software such as AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Has a solid understanding of machining processes and associated manufacturing technologies.
- May need an understanding of materials and characteristics including material formulations and shrink rates for manufacturing product lines.
- Has a strong understanding of manufacturing/machining techniques and associated tooling/fixture design.
- Must be able to work with a diverse variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds
CoorsTek strives to give all qualified applicants equal opportunity and to make selection decisions on job related factors. Do not provide any information on the application which will indicate your race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
If you like working for a company that makes a real difference in the world, you'll enjoy your career with us!