- Bachelor's + 10 years or Masters + 8 years in EE/CS
- 4+ years’ experience managing people
- Experience delivering products in one or more domains: large scale data analytics, highly available/fault tolerant systems, virtualized storage, distributed systems or operating systems
- Experience developing with C++ and Java
Amazon Redshift is a fast, scalable data warehouse that makes it simple and cost-effective for our customers to analyze data across their data warehouse and data lakes. Redshift delivers ten times faster performance than other data warehouses by using machine learning, massively parallel query execution, and columnar storage on high-performance disk.
Amazon Redshift is looking for talented individuals with expertise and passion for building next-generation analytics systems on heterogenous hardware. We are interested in people who can conduct independent research and have a passion for building high performance systems, that is, smart people who get stuff done!
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
- Participate in the design and development of a state-of-the-art analytics framework
- Turning research results into world-class products
- Work on a disruptive product that’s still in its early stages
- Solve problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
- Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
- Work for a company that’s a recognized in the cloud computing space
- Growing and leading a development team responsible for rethinking the assumptions behind how traditional data warehouse services are built and thinking how to build database services best suited for the cloud with heterogenous hardware stack.
- You will develop the design, implementation, testing and deployment of these services.
- You will draw from your deep and broad technical and management expertise to mentor senior engineers and managers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues, design tradeoffs, and feature and schedule prioritization.
- This is one of our most strategic technical projects with a long-term vision and an opportunity to deliver both significant business and industry-wide technical impact.
- As an engineering leader within Database Services, you will work with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influence our technical and business strategy, help hire talented engineers and managers, and conceive innovative new solutions for our customers.
- PhD in EE/CS with 7+ years of industrial experience
- A leadership position in a team delivering database kernel, virtualized storage, distributed systems or operating systems
- Experience with large scale data analytics, highly available/fault tolerant systems, replicated data storage, and operating complex services running in the cloud are all pluses.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **