We are very proud to help researchers overcome barriers to the manuscript preparation process. We are actively recruiting freelance Academic Editors with an education background in the subject of Construction Materials. The Academic Editors will mainly edit scholarly manuscripts that are written by non-native English speakers. As a freelancer and independent contract editor, you can work remotely and can edit manuscripts within your areas of academic expertise. To date, we have provided excellent services in an environment where satisfaction is high, and customer advocates are plenty.
If you are interested and qualified, please submit a resume and a cover letter before October 31, 2020. We thank all interested candidates, but only those who we are interested will be contacted and will be sent a short writing document for proofreading/editing trial before the interview.
As an academic English editor, you will thoroughly review the language in the manuscripts to ensure that authors’ ideas are communicated clearly and accurately. The following editing services should be performed on the documents to make them conform to academic journal’s specifications:
- Copyediting for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and syntax;
- Stylistic editing for the smoothness of sentence logic while maintaining author’s voice;
- Correcting inappropriate/confusing words;
- Clarifying meaning of words or sentences by making suggestions.
- Ensuring consistency in spelling (UK/US), usage, and tone.
The ideal candidate will have the followings:
- Must have education background in Civil Engineering or related subjects;
- Must be English native speaker;
- 1+ years of continuous experience as a professional proofreader/editor;
- Familiar with editing in Microsoft Word using Track Change and Comment Features;
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent attention to details and have an impeccable eye for finding errors;
- Experience in writing/reviewing academic paper is an asset.
- Experience in editing academic paper as a journal editor is an asset.
- English Proofreading/Editing: 1 years
Job Type: Freelance
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $1,000.00 - $3,500.00 per month
- Proofreading: 1 year (Preferred)