As a Trex Corporate Trainer, you will be an ambassador of our brand and responsible for facilitating Orientation for new Trex employees as well as facilitate development opportunities for the Trex leadership team. As a member of our Training team, you will be an ambassador of the Trex culture by demonstrating our values and taking the lead in training our culture to all Trex employees in both our front office and manufacturing facilities.
We continue to evolve at Trex and will also look to you to help ensure that the training being delivered meets our goals and moves us forward in employee development and growth. While not responsible for the design and creation of the material being used, your feedback will be paramount as programs and learning materials are being created.
- Facilitate engaging, interactive training to adult learners, including but not limited to new hire orientation, professional development workshops, and leadership development sessions. Training will be with employees at varying levels within Trex to include manufacturing and front office. The expectation during this training is that you are able to be a brand ambassador for Trex.
- Utilize a variety of the training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools, and materials (Learner Guides, Facilitator Guides, etc.) to ensure maximum effectiveness of training programs.
- Define and execute processes related to training registration, session availability, seat management, and custom learning requests.
- Work with leadership to identify key metrics for learning effectiveness and monitor results to continually improve course offerings.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects within Trex and support other human resources opportunities as needed. This may include tours, speaking engagements, and representing Trex at outside events.
- This position typically has no direct supervision responsibilities, but it will give direction during orientation and other training activities.
For us, training is about people. Your experience, energy, and enthusiasm make a difference. We are looking for a training professional with:
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in Adult Learning, Instructional Design, or related area of study or equivalent experience.
- Professional background and experience in delivering training in a corporate setting with a minimum of 5 years of experience facilitating learning solutions.
- A passion for training adults, a strong work ethic, and a keen eye and focus on customer service.
- Experience monitoring and evaluating engagement and the training program’s effectiveness and success.
- A track record of incorporating the following key behaviors into day-to-day efforts: team-approach, effective listening, developing credibility, building trust, and demonstrating reliability.
- Superb communication skills.
- Must be able to engage and interact well with employees at all levels and cater training delivery based on current audience.
- Expert proficiency in MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
WHO WE ARE
Trex is the World’s No. 1 Decking Brand. We’re determined to keep earning that distinction by:
- Holding ourselves to consistently high standards.
- Focusing on effective action and worthwhile results.
- Lifting ourselves and each other to the next level.
- Doing the right thing, always.
- Making safety top priority.
- Creating quality without compromises.
- Doing work we can be proud of.
At Trex, you’ll become part of a diverse yet unified team of trailblazers who are committed to learning, adapting, solving and succeeding.
We welcome new ideas and fresh perspectives, and we encourage you to bring your best to help us shape the future of Trex.
BENEFITS & PERKS
We believe that real effort should be rewarded. We take care of you as part of our Trex family so you can take care of yours. Here are some of the perks beyond the paycheck:
- Time Off - We’ll give you paid holidays and paid vacation.
- Bonuses – We all appreciate a good challenge. Hit your goals, and we’ll pay you extra.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance - Choose from a variety of options. We’ll cover a generous share of the cost. Plus, you can earn lower rates through our wellness program.
- 401(k) With Company Match - Save for your retirement and we’ll match it dollar for dollar.
- Tuition Reimbursement – We’re all about lifting each other to the next level. When you’re ready to get the degree, we’ll pick up part of the tab.
- Training and Education - We offer dozens of options to boost your performance – both online and on-site nearby.
- Stock Purchase Program - Invest in Trex at a discounted price.
- Employee Discount Program – When you make the World’s No. 1 Decking Brand, you’ll probably want to enjoy the finished product yourself. We’ll give you a discount.
If you’re interested in learning new things and growing your career, the opportunities are here. We offer leadership positions to team members who are motivated to earn advancement.
Winchester, Virginia, United States