Rexnord® is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global industrial company. Within our platforms, we serve a wide array of growing, global end markets by offering the broadest, most reliable product portfolios and trusted brands in our industries. Within Process & Motion Control, we design, manufacture, market and service specified, highly engineered mechanical components used within complex systems where our customers’ reliability requirements and the cost of failure or downtime are extremely high. Within Water Management, we design, procure, manufacture and market products that provide and enhance water quality, safety, flow control and conservation, in which customers specify our products due to performance, life cycle and project cost, and our service levels. Founded in 1892, Rexnord is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs approximately 7,400 associates worldwide. For more information about the company visit www.rexnord.com.
THE BUSINESS UNIT
Rexnord Aerospace is a growing and profitable supplier of engineered high performance bearings and mechanical seals to the commercial air transport, regional aircraft, business aircraft, helicopter and military aircraft markets for use in engine systems, flight control systems, airframe structures and landing gear systems. Our aerospace bearing and seal products consist of rolling element airframe bearings and bearing tooling sold under the Shafer® and Tri-Roller® brand names, Teflon lined polymeric bearings sold under the Tuflite® brand name, slotted entry, split ball and split race bearings sold under the PSI® brand name, self-lubricating machinable lined bearings and coatings sold under the Rexlon® brand name and mechanical seals sold under the Cartriseal® brand name. Our global customer base includes all major engine and airframe OEM’s, as well as major Tier 1, 2 and 3 suppliers to the engine and airframe OEM’s and through our FAA approved repair station we support major MRO and aircraft operators with repair and overhaul capabilities.
CNC Mill machinist is responsible for producing work in the most efficient manner while meeting the drawing/planning specification /requirements.
Under general supervision, sets-up, operates, and adjusts CNC Mill machines. Works from drawings and written instructions to create parts. Able to read and interpret CNC programs. May need to make offsets to programs on CNC Machines. Requires knowledge of various metals and of measurements used in the machining process.
May assist and train less experienced machinists.
- Completes set-ups with general supervision/assistance.
- Responsible for all phases of part operation set-up to achieve first article acceptance.
- Perform and maintain accurate in-process quality inspection and records.
- Identify and recommend process improvements to reduce part quality variation.
- Input data into visual management forms and convey results to management
- Continuously improve processes, procedures, and eliminate waste.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE, CAPABILITIES AND SUCCESS FACTORS
- At least three (3) years experience operation set-up on CNC mills.
- Skilled in the use of indicator, gage, dial bores, and plate inspection methods for first article and in-process inspection of precision machined parts.
- Ability to maintain close tolerances (within .0005”) of ID’s and OD’s, roundness, concentricity, squareness.
- Understanding of machine tool accuracies, fixture offsets, and tool offsets.
- Knowledge of cutting tool feeds, speeds, and tool life for aerospace hard turning or milling.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions and interpret blue print and quality requirements.
- Ability to communicate with employees and management in a positive manner.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs (over 25 lbs with assistance).
- Ideal candidate will have experience with AS9100, 5S, Lean, and Six Sigma.
In addition to gaining invaluable experience and having the opportunity to create a legacy, the dynamic leader we seek will be rewarded with:
Competitive Base Salary
Matching 401(k) contribution (50% match up to 8%)
Discretionary Profit Sharing Contribution (3% of quarterly earnings)
Short-Term Disability Insurance
Long-Term Disability Insurance
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
Matching Gift Program
PAID TIME OFF
10 Vacation days per year
12 Company Holidays per year
3 Paid Sick Days
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may submit their resume through the Careers section at www.rexnord.com.
Rexnord associates must be in good standing for consideration for job openings. This includes satisfactory or above ratings in job performance and no corrective actions, PIP’s, disciplinary issues or warnings in the last 12 months.
Equal Opportunity Employer –
Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Minority/Veteran/Disabled
United States-California-Simi Valley
USA CA Simi Valley
Jun 20, 2019, 4:38:45 PM