Operations Supervisor Position
The Otter Lake Water Commission was established in 1969, and operate a 3.5 MGD surface water plant supplied by a 765 acre lake. They are primarily a wholesale system serving a population of approximately 19,000, in addition they have under 500 retail customers.
They are currently accepting resumes for an Operations Supervisor whose primarily responsible for delivery of the Commissions operations and maintenance activities within the water treatment plant, lake and distribution system. Duties include supervision and scheduling of staff; planning; organizing; budgeting and directing the activities of the day to day operations.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Solid knowledge of water treatment, billing, distribution, customer service and capital projects. Surface water treatment knowledge a plus.
- Ability to build and sustain a collaborative team driven culture that encourages creativity, innovation and professional growth.
- Actively involved in developing and carrying out long range plans and objectives.
- Proactive approach to problem solving, introducing solutions to emerging issues.
- Encourages the effective use of technology to improve overall operations.
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers, staff and management in both written or oral format.
Education / Experience:
- College degree strongly preferred, 5 years of experience in a supervisory capacity may be substituted for education.
- IEPA Class A Water Treatment Certificate required or the ability to receive certification within 6 months or employment.
- Current State of IL driver’s license or ability to receive an IL driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to perform normal office tasks including use of personal computers and basic office equipment.
- Ability to sit, stand, climb stairs, work in extreme weather conditions including heat, cold and walk on uneven surfaces.
- Required to respond to after hours call outs on evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Attend monthly board meetings to give reports.
- Residency requirement within 30 miles of the Otter Lake Water treatment facility.
- This is a contracted salary position. Salary range $70,000 and up dependent on qualifications.
- 11 paid holidays, 5 days vacation after one year, 10 days after two years and 3 weeks after 5 years.
- Paid health, dental, vision and life insurance for employee. IMRF retirement.
- Company vehicle and cell phone provided.
Otter Lake Water Commission will be accepting resumes until September 15th. If interested in the position available please submit your resume along with salary history and reference letters to Otter Lake Water Commission, 6475 W Montgomery Road, PO Box 468, Virden IL 62690
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 /year
- water treatment and supervisory: 5 years (Preferred)
- IL Class A water treatment certificate (Required)