Performs somewhat complex software engineering assignments within an Agile team that includes designing, implementing, and debugging highly-scalable, security focused full stack web solution. Works closely with other engineering disciplines. Duties require application of engineering principles and techniques. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Analyzes functional requirements
- Develops design concepts for software work products.
- Participates in the analysis, design, development, test, modification and integration of software systems or subsystems for designated products and/or customer applications
- Participate in sprint planning, revise and update programs and documentation, including reviewing schedules, milestones, and resources
- Understands and works with peripheral elements of assigned software work products (run time environments, databases, networks)
- Develops software requirements, related design, and code
- Prepares and develops software, codes software and design specific enhancements
- Performs software testing
- Applies and maintains quality standards.
- Revises and updates programs and documentation, including reviewing schedules and milestones
- Assists in specification preparation and the assessment of products
- Assists in the writing of reports, manuals and procedures
- Keeps abreast of improvements in programming techniques
- Engages in continuous self-improvement of technical skills and improvements in programming techniques and tool-sets
- Recommends value added changes to existing coding practices, standards and tools
- Shows commitment to company values, ethics, safety, security, labor charging, and quality
- Assumes additional technical responsibilities as needed
Bachelor degree in computer science, computer engineering, game Development, digital media, or other engineering/technical discipline preferred, plus a minimum of two years of related experience or a master’s degree. Desired experience in designing, developing and troubleshooting software programming. The candidate shall possess strong analytical thinking with out of the box problem solving skills. Requires proficiency using programming languages such as but not restricted to Java, “C/C++/C#. Prior experience with cloud solution and mobile development is desired. Experience shall include architecting major components or whole application for highly-scalable web-based application and producing its specifications, design, and implementation. Display proficiency in using web server software, web framework and their languages, and SQL/no-SQL databases. Python proficiency is plus. Knowledge in distributed streaming platform is plus. Designing, implementing, and consuming APIs. Good interpersonal communication and team-oriented skills. Effective written and oral communication skills required. Able to prioritize work, complete multiple tasks and work under deadline and budget guidelines. Experience with Agile development is desired .May be required to travel domestically and internationally to include working odd hours, in-line with customer requirements
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.