Background & Purpose of the Job
This role has overall responsibility for managing Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) improvement activities to achieve excellence at the site level. S/he works with site Supply Chain teams to develop the local SHE Strategy and improvement plans to achieve sustainable SHE excellence by reducing injuries, illnesses and environmental impact as measured in the core KPIs. Role has expectations of flexible rotating hours of implementation.
- Deploy the global/cluster SHE strategy, policy and standards in the site to achieve excellent sustainable results
- Manage the SHE teams responsible to deliver Occupational Health, Safety and Environment results
- Drive safety and environment risk assessment and develop/implement appropriate controls
- Reduce the site’s environmental impact in the areas of COD, hazardous & non-hazardous waste, SOx & CO 2 emissions and water & energy consumption
- Lead the SHE Pillar in accordance with Manufacturing Excellence (ManEx)
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Unilever Behavior Based Safety (BBS) Program and support deployment in the site
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Unilever Process Safety Management (PSM) Program (if applicable to the site PS risks) and support deployment in the site and support the application of Unilever guidelines and procedures for Process Safety assessment (SIMAS)
- Influence senior management and drive safety and environmental leadership through line management
- Monitor site legal compliance and ensure the site meets all local/national regulatory requirements and Unilever standards, provide advice on national SHE legislation requirements & implement relevant procedures and policies
- Work closely with Occupational Health personnel to identify and mitigate risks which may lead to occupational ill health
- Assist the site leader to develop and lead the internal crisis committees and safety committee; support the site leader in leading serious incident investigation and analysis
- Advise line management in all accident/incident investigations
- Conduct trend analysis from incidents, near misses, safe behavior observations and deep compliance audits
- Develop and deploy internal SHE auditing and inspection systems, participate in audits of other Unilever organizations as required
- Determine training needs and assist in delivery of training programs
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You’re a strategy guru Manage the SHE teams responsible to deliver Occupational Health, Safety and Environment results
You’re a changemaker:
Influence senior management and drive safety and environmental leadership through line management.
You’re a paradox navigator:
Reduce the site’s environmental impact in the areas of COD, hazardous & non-hazardous waste, SOx & CO2 emissions and water & energy consumption
You’re a culture & change champion:
Assist the site leader to develop and lead the internal crisis committees and safety committee; support the site leader in leading serious incident investigation and analysis.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
Bachelor Degree with emphasis Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Sustainability
Minimum of 1 years’ experience in the field of Safety, Health and Environmental
Experience in Manufacturing and/or Engineering
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.