Job Description – Director of Development
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Director will be responsible for building and executing our development/fundraising plan which will detail how to solicit and steward donors as well as identify marketing opportunities and funding sources such as: grants, foundations, in-kind donations, and charitable events.
- Lead and manage overall development efforts to raise annual budget of $650,000
- Create and implement annual development plan and strategy
- Engage Board members to assist in achieving fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential corporate & foundation sponsors as well as individual donors.
- Develop and grow our individual donor base; manage annual giving campaign, cultivate major gifts
- Oversee organization of special events
- Manage the implementation of eTapestry for gift processing and donor tracking
- Track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing and public relations strategy to include use of website, newsletters, and social media.
- Prepare annual Development budget and oversee expenses for marketing/fundraising
- Lead Development Committee Meetings and participate in Board Meetings
- Connect potential volunteers to staff members for meaningful engagement
- Dedicate on-going attention to personal professional development.
Job Type: Full-time
- Certified Fundraising Certificate