Responsibility to provide billing team supervision, EMR system support, analytical support and data that will assist in the design and implementation of key business strategies to grow and expand Employer Solutions, in partnership with leadership, Medical Director.
1. Supervise Employer Solutions MSC billing office
a. Actively participates in the process for operational improvement and quality improvement
b. Responsible for billing processes and tracking accounts payable and receivables
c. Responsible for the direct supervision of the Patient Account Specialists
2. Manage Systoc EMR
a. Assist in maintaining the functionality of the system in collaboration with IT
b. Develop new forms and reporting tools as needed
3. Manage projects in Employer Solutions
a. Support Employer Solutions Director on ongoing growth/expansion- including programmatic planning, space readiness, data mining tools and training
b. Support strategic planning through analytical support for Employer Solutions to exceed budgeted growth/volume
c. Data management for clinical and research projects
d. Develop and implement data management protocols and procedures
e. Partner with IT to create electronic data collection tools
4. Manage all Department data and reports
a. Effectively track downstream revenue and volume attributable to Employer Solutions activities
b. Manage multiple databases
c. Manage and direct requests for data to support clinical and research projects
d. Manage Salesforce CRM database tool tailored to support Employer Solutions Sales staff
e. Summarize and analyze clinical and operational data measures pertaining to quality, volume, revenue, and margin
5. Other Duties as assigned
- This role may encounter Protected Health Information (PHI) as part of regular responsibilities. UH employees must abide by all requirements to safely and securely maintain PHI for our patients. Annual training, the UH Code of Conduct and UH policies and procedures are in place to address appropriate use of PHI in the workplace.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in healthcare related field or business analytics, required.
- Proven track record in project management and data analysis required.
Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge:
- 3+ years’ experience in program and project management required or data analysis required
- Quality and process improvement skills preferred.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills required.
- Previous experience performing claims re-pricing analyses to support health benefit plan proposals is preferred.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, statistical analysis, and computer skills required
- Demonstrated ability to gather and assess data and generate meaningful strategies for problem resolution
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare trends, finances, provision of care and health care delivery system preferred
- Demonstrates progressive knowledge in data management, data analysis, and outcomes management
- Possesses skills in problem solving, program management, communication, and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Discretion and integrity, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, maturity, influential demeanor, and flexibility
- Demonstrated management and effective leadership skills required
- Experience in assessing market opportunities, developing business plans and implementing programs to respond to such opportunities