The Pool/Beach Manager is responsible to oversee the pool area, make safety announcements and maintain an inventory of all poolside equipment to be available for guest use at all times.
Will work with the Property Manager to coordinate, lead, plan, promote, organize, implement, schedule and evaluate recreational activities and special events. Activities may include, arts and crafts, gymnastics, sports, games, music, dance, picnics, social recreation, cultural and handicrafts for a diverse population.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist all Unit Owners, Residents and Guests in a courteous, helpful manner; referring all questions that cannot be handled to the Management Office for further assistance.
- Greet new arrivals to activities, introducing them to other participants, explaining facility rules, and encouraging participation.
- Settle disputes between groups or individuals regarding use of facilities.
- Confer with management in order to discuss and resolve participant complaints.
- Coordinate use of facilities to prevent individuals from interfering with one another.
- Explain rules and procedures.
- Assist in the control of equipment and supplies.
- Enforce rules and regulations of recreational facilities in order to maintain discipline and ensure safety.
- Promote and maintain good public relations and customer service.
- Patrol facilities to detect damage to facilities and report damages to appropriate authority
- Adhere to and maintain all safety procedures. Any safety issues must be brought to the attention of the Property Manager immediately.
- Check in with the Property Manager during the issuance of a Tropical Storm or Hurricane Watch or Warning.
- Maintain assigned areas in a neat and safe manner.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
May be assigned other duties by the on-site Property Manager
Education & Experience
- Minimum of High School diploma.
- CPR Certification is desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with staff and public.
- Competent in communication, creativity, innovation, customer service, interpersonal skills, planning, problem solving, and teamwork.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
- Must possess strong managerial background in the hospitality industry.
- Should have experience managing the property or building operations, such as staff and service contracts, resident retention and resident improvements is preferred.
- Computer literacy: Proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Multiple language fluency is desirable.
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
Tools & Equipment Used
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Physical demands include ability to lift up to 50 lbs;
- Ability to work extended/flexible hours and weekends based on project requirement.
- Work in an upright standing position for long periods of time
- Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time
- Be able to reach overhead and wide range of mobility in upper and lower body
- Ability to work in different environmental working conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain, humidity)
- Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
- Repeat various motions with the wrists, hands and fingers
- Walk and climb stairs; Handle, finger, grasp and feel objects and equipment;
- Reach with hands and arms;
- Communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by means of the spoken and written word;
- Ability to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions;
- Ability to respond to emergencies in a timely manner.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Hospitality Management: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly