VerisLaw, a small, boutique litigation firm, is growing. We’re looking for a Paralegal to join us. Here’s the scoop: we’ve got a lot to do and we’re looking for someone who is confident and knows his or her stuff. The person who fills this role must be motivated and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. The person we hire should be great at legal work, but willing to pitch in in other areas as well when the need that arises. We want to hire the best person, not just the best resumé.
What you will do
- Process, research, manage and track all incoming litigation matters (e.g., demands, lawsuits and arbitrations); including:
- updating case files, assisting with case-related communications, entering time in billing for invoice/payments, maintaining the litigation calendar, preparing trial notebooks, and other administrative tasks
- Manage discovery requests and assist with discovery production (e.g., interrogatories, subpoenas and document requests), including collecting and organizing documents;
- Draft and edit answers, notices, affidavits, motions, and petitions, correspondence, and discovery requests
- Monitor and manage document management system
- Anticipate important deadlines and manage attorney calendars
What you must bring
- Four or more years legal experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Familiarity with court processes
- Strong organizational skills… really strong.
- Problem solving mentality. We’re looking for someone who sees potential problems or opportunities and has a good sense of what they mean.
- Resourceful… you don’t have to know all the answers, but it’d be cool if you figured things out on your own.
- Research and analytic ability. See “resourceful.”
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented
- Common sense
- A really good sense of humor
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to work under pressure (such as during trial) or within a deadline (like most lawyers, things sometimes go to the last minute with us)
- Ability to work outside normal M-F working hours (you’ll get paid well and this happens – we’re not just saying it).
- Ability to prioritize workload and complete tasks in 100% remote environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with clients, potential clients, opposing counsel, and court personnel.
- Familiarity with NetDocs
- Prior experience with family law
- A grown-up work environment
- Medical premiums covered 100%
- Work-from-home setup
- Flexible working hours
- Generous bonus structure. Really generous.
- Unlimited PTO (with approval)
We work a lot and we know we’re asking a lot from you. All we can offer in return is a promise that it’ll be fun and the time will fly. You’ll have significant case responsibility right away (which is great if you like that sort of thing). You’ll see your work right next to ours and as trite as it sounds, you’ll be an important part of our small team. We take important cases and you’ll make a difference.
Oh, yeah. And we pay really well!.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Are you able to work outside normal M-F working hours when needed?
- What are your salary requirements? Do not put negotiable or market.
- When could you join our firm?
- Legal drafting: 4 years (Preferred)
- Legal research: 4 years (Preferred)
- legal: 1 year (Required)
- Court processes: 4 years (Required)
- Family law: 1 year (Preferred)
- NetDocs: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote