Insurance verification administrator will provide the highest level of customer service to patients, and referral sources through the coordination and administration of their office duties. Typical responsibilities include but are not limited to verifying insurance, prior authorization, inputting patient orders, and processing payments, scheduling appointments, and responding to telephone inquiries. To ensure all orders for all services provided are accurate, timely and fully documented.
Role and Responsibilities
- Accurately process all orders daily, with full documentation compliance.
- Follow up on all work in process in a timely manner to ensure that orders are processed and that patients are scheduled timely.
- Maintain accurate and complete patient files, ensuring that they are in compliance with company and compliance policies.
- Ensure the privacy and security of protected health information per HIPAA requirements.
- Scanning and filing patient documents, ensuring complete and accurate information, timely completion of all assigned tasks.
- Obtain and maintain accurate patient billing and insurance information, verification of benefits, all pre-authorizations in patient files and in the billing system.
- Notification to patient care office of scheduling needs, reviewing and managing incoming documents and tasking to appropriate parties.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining company mandated collection standards.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with insurance providers, patients, and clinicians about insurance. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Team player who excels at building relationships with patients, referral sources, and colleagues.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Understanding of medical reimbursement and terminology and a complete understanding of general office duties.
- Proficient computer skills including Windows based office technologies (ex. Word, Excel), e-mail and automated billing systems.
- Ability to use all necessary office equipment, facsimile machines, calculator, postage machine, copiers, etc.
- Proficiency with basic math and accounting skills.
- High School Diploma and 2 to 4 years of related medical office experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- medical office: 2 years (Required)
- Insurance Verification: 1 year (Required)