Under the direct supervision of the Retail Store Manager, the Retail 3rd Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the manager with day-to-day store operations to achieve optimum sales, profits and customer experiences. The 3rd Assistant Manager may be responsible for the operation of the store in the managers absence including ensuring crew employees complete tasks and assignments. The Retail 3rd Assistant Manager is a support position and generally serves as a specific shift supervisor. This position is the entry level to management and can be a stepping stone for career advancement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (and other duties as assigned)
· Serves as a shift supervisor in the absence of the Store Manager and Store assistant Manager.
· Expected to perform all essential duties of the cashier and deli clerks in addition to supervisory role.
· Ensures employees complete manager assigned tasks to company standard and expectation.
· Ensures employees provide customer service to the levels expected by the company and Management.
· Ensures employees understand and adhere to company policies and procedures.
· Frequently supervise up to four or more employees.
· Maintain professional demeanor at all times.
· Positively communicate (verbal and written) with management and staff.
· Handle customer complaints to positive resolution.
· Attend Management Meetings if required.
· Work in Deli to assist with product preparation, ordering, cleaning and all functions necessary for safe and timely production of hot foods.
· Willing to respond to work a variety of shifts to ensure schedule coverage.
· Willingness to serve as a patient trainer for new employees.
· Demonstrate the ability to be a Team Player and to foster a teamwork environment.
· Be flexible and available to assist at other locations occasionally as the need arrives.
· Proactively work towards maintaining a clean facility.
· Direct and follow up with employees on shift to complete tasks and projects.
· Take steps to ensure understanding of all policies and how to follow up on them with employees.
· Contact upper management if emergencies or issues arise that needs addressing.
· Follow directions and be supportive of the goals and directives of the company.
· Must be 21 years of age.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· High School Diploma or Equivalent.
· Minimum one year retail management experience or the equivalent is required.
· Valid Alaska drivers license preferred.
· Will be required to complete all company required training.
· Be 21 years of age to sell alcohol & tobacco according to State of Alaska Alcohol & Tobacco Laws.
· Successfully complete the 3-hour TAP® Certification, Training for Alcohol Professionals, within 30 days of employment.
· Successfully complete the "We Card: A Program to Help Prevent Underage Tobacco Sales training, within 30 days of employment, before selling any tobacco products.
· Successfully complete Propane Training, within 30 days of employment before dispensing propane.
· Must successfully complete State food handling course.
This is a full-time retail position. Ability to work (shifts) varied hours/days including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed; including overtime. Will operate Point of Sales (POS) software, magnetic card readers or bar code reader equipment, and cleaning equipment. Knowledge of customer service, basic math and English.
This is not a rotational job on the North Slope. You must live in the Fairbanks/North Pole area or be willing to relocate at your own expense.