Please review the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Plan page for more details regarding your rights and obligations as a job candidate.
The city of Los Angeles boasts endless attractions and tourist destinations. Amongst all of the sights and sounds, the USC Hotel offers a modern and convenient place to unwind, with 240 spacious, comfortable guest rooms and over 15,000 square feet of flexible event space. Owned and operated by the University of Southern California, and the site of a recent multi-million dollar renovation, the hotel features luxurious fabrics and artwork depicting the storied traditions of USC. Additional renovations, which include the restaurants and kitchens, are in the planning stage.
We are seeking a Front Desk Agent to join our rapidly growing team.
As guests check into or out of the Hotel, they will rely on our front desk team to provide them with efficient and accurate information, in a friendly and respectful manner. As the Front Desk Agent, you will continue to provide exceptional customer service. We constantly strive to provide the best USC experience, and we hope that you can help us continue to exceed our guests’ expectations.
- Greet all guests upon arrival and ensure a fast, efficient check-in process including verification of guests’ identification, credit, and payment for stay. Assign room keys, assist guests, complete registration cards, and provides other assistance as needed. Place guest and room information in the appropriate front desk packets and communicate information to the appropriate hotel personnel. Accommodate special requests whenever possible.
- Review accounts and charges with guests during the checkout process.
- Assist in pre-registration and blocking of rooms for reservations. Take same day and future reservations when necessary. Know cancellation procedures.
- Use suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Work closely with the housekeeping department, and coordinate room status updates by notifying the department of all check outs, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
- Follow procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes. Supervise guests’ access to safe deposit boxes.
- Coordinate requests for maintenance and repair and maintain guests’ room key storage. Thoroughly understand and adhere to proper credit, check-cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures. Perform cashier responsibilities (i.e. bill and invoice settlement, post charges to the guest accounts, and perform foreign currency exchanges).
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services and amenities, area dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Assist with incoming calls through PBX console in a polite and professional manner using standard phraseology and routing to the right department, guestroom, meeting room, or facility. Use proper telephone etiquette. Take messages and ensure their prompt delivery. Use proper mail, package, and message handling procedures.
- Read and initial the daily pass-on log and bulletin board. Knowledgeable of daily activities and meetings in the hotel.
- Handle all in-house calls and communicate guest comments, complaints, and requests to the appropriate and managers.
- Arrange tours, taxis, or other transportation, or restaurant reservations for guests upon request.
- Report any unusual occurrences or requests to the assistant manager or manager on duty.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High School Diploma.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Experience in fast-paced, high-volume hotel environment.
What We Prefer:
- 2 years of experience in Hospitality and/or hotel customer service.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including. For more information, please visit benefits.usc.edu.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 1 year, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience Minimum Field of Expertise: Customer service
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Overnight shift
- Weekends as needed
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
- Do you have experience using the software OPERA?
- Day Shift (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person