**This position will require relocation to our Corporate Headquarters in San Antonio, Texas. **
Sese Logistics US LLC, is hiring an experienced Operations, Customer Service and Inside Sales / Pricing coordinator to execute and follow-up compliant, safe and efficient import and export Ocean & Air Freight transport of shipments in support of the Business Unit's full suite of services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following essential functions and responsibilities:
- Receive and track P.O.s from importers/customer service group for pending shipments.
- Retrieve shipment details from CargoWise One (CW1), handle file and execute according to services required.
- Issue shipment handling instructions to carriers, inter-departmental staff and global agent network.
- Answer all customer inquiries in accordance with our company customer service and operational policies.
- Further increase customer satisfaction and business share through proactive and regular contact.
- Establish customer communication preference, i.e., phone, e-mail, fax, and ensure total coverage of our customer's service needs.
- Communicate with and ensure release of the freight from ocean carriers, co-loaders and other service partners.
- Generate and send to our in-house customer broker or designated of arrival and charges and assist in every import / export process required.
- Provide accurate job costing forecast, provisions and ensure all service rates and line items are properly added to the job file.
- Handle and manage all customer contact at file level regarding exceptions and notify management of any exceptions, problems or if assistance is required.
- Serve as a liaison between Document Processing and customer regarding all shipment details
- Assist Sales in compiling quotes by providing rates, tariffs, etc. for one-offs and RFQ/RFP and special carrier negotiations.
- Work with Sales on account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from Sales to Operations including but not limited to SOP development and implementation.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Job Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Bachelor's degree, or university equivalent in Business Studies, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 5-10 years of experience in a global Freight Forwarding and supply chain organization working in similar roles.
- Demonstrated experience and success meeting objectives which entails generating additional revenue by way of inside sales activities, satisfied customer base and profit growth.
Knowledge/ Skills and Abilities:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of all elements of Freight Forwarding industry including but not limited to terminology, regulatory requirements, containers types and configurations, and conversions using the metric system.
- Competitive nature that can excel in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proficient multi-tasking skills.
- Proficient problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and confident decision-making skills.
- Personable, has ability to connect with clients, vendors, customers and team mates.
- Experience using office environment software/hardware technologies (i.e. CargoWise)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (via phone, email, and in-person).
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to think proactively and prioritize work.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Normal office working conditions or working remotely. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Usually, normal office working conditions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Will demonstrate, promote, and exemplify the Company’s Values.
Job Type: Full-time
- Freight Forwarding: 5 years (Preferred)
- Logistics: 3 years (Preferred)