This role provides advanced applications support for the optimization and development of Magnetic Resonance applications. The primary responsibility is to help leading GE academic partner sites maximize the clinical performance and efficiency across their MR fleet. This specialist will also act as “voice of the customer”, working with GE developers and clinical specialists during the product life cycle to ensure that our solutions meet the customer requirements.
3 Positions available: 1 Boston, 1 Baltimore/Philly, and 1 Chicago
Duties include (but are not limited to):
1. Lead image quality and workflow optimization projects, in conjunction with leading GE partner sites, to maximize clinical performance and efficiency of GE MR scanners across their fleet.
2. Working with global engineering on end to end solutions by providing clinical input from customers.
3. Applying knowledge of clinical MR needs to guide definition and development of new hardware, new imaging and post-processing techniques.
4. Evaluating performance and quality of features throughout the development process by designing protocols, traveling to partner sites for installation and testing.
5. Supporting sites in identified Academic Regions along with facilitating evaluation of WIP packages in partnership with Global MR Business
6. Assisting with customer complaints, investigations, and ultimately offer product solutions.
7. Developing (clinical) competitive intelligence, case study and marketing materials to support the field with counter arguments and selling advantages.
8. Supporting conferences, symposiums, customer seminars and internal training events.
9. Ensuring high quality MR training is delivered to the field applications teams and sales/marketing team.
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
4. Ensure compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before approving Design Outputs/Program Deliverables
5. Lead continuous improvement activities by driving the implementation of process and product quality improvement initiatives
1. Certified Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) or global equivalent
2. Min. of 5 years’ experience in MR, including all clinical applications and performing procedures
3. Experience interacting with customers in various situations
4. Ability to present complex material to diverse audiences
5. Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
6. Self-driven, creative, flexible and well organized
7. Must be willing to work in the identified Academic Region: 1 Boston, 1 Baltimore/Philly, and 1 Chicago
8. Ability to travel 10-20% of the time
1. Advanced degree (Bachelors or Masters)
2. At least 10 yrs. experience in the medical industry
3. Applications experience in various clinical areas
4. Academic experience, willingness to learn basic Linux operations
5. Workflow optimization experience and comfortable with data analytics tools
6. X-ray, CT, or NM experience
7. Previous GE Healthcare experience
8. Familiarity with the relevant GE Healthcare MRI product range, and clinical optimization
9. Competitive experience
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania; Boston, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Chicago
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.