This position is located in Dahlgren, Virginia
You must have the following to be considered as a candidate for this position:
1. Documented proof of disability (required prior to interview)
2. Valid Driver's License
3. Must be a US Citizen (Contract requirement)
The core working hours are 7:00 am - 4:00 pm, M-F
The hourly wage is $17.90
This position may require use of your personal vehicle to transport persons-served.All Melwood transportation policies must be followed. Liability insurance on your personal vehicle must be in full force and effect while transporting for or on the behalf of Melwood. Melwood will reimburse for mileage pursuant to the Travel policy.
This position requires that the employee must successfully complete criminal history information background check and drug screening and be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
The Medium Truck Driver drives a truck to transport materials, merchandise, equipment, or workers between various types of establishments such as: manufacturing plants, freight depots, warehouses, wholesale and retail establishments, or between retail establishments and the customer. This driver may also load or unload truck with or without helpers, make minor mechanical repairs, and keep truck in good working order. The vehicle may be a straight truck, 1-1/2 to 4 tons, inclusive and usually 6 wheels.
- 1. Loads and unloads materials from truck following all related safety procedures.
- 2. Maintains record of collections to ensure that the daily service requirements met.
- 3. Ensures safe conditions exist at all times in and around vehicle while in operation.
- 4. Follows State, Federal and local military base rules and regulations regarding vehicle operation and material transport.
- 5. Drives assigned route to all locations and collects, loads and unloads materials as required.
- 6. Maintains accurate, complete mileage and collection information per contract requirements.
- 7. Performs daily pre and post trip inspections of truck fluids, batteries, tires and safety equipment.
- 8. Ensures equipment safety precautions are exercised to prevent damage in the performance of collection.
- 9. Immediately reports any accidents, damage, collision, injury, etc., through the appropriate reporting process.
10. Ensuring that all fire and safety precautions are strictly adhered to and material handling and delivery equipment are properly utilized.
11. Perform all other duties as assigned.
The incumbent is supervised by the Grounds Maintenance Manager.
The incumbent must be able to sit 85% of the work time and stand 15%, must be able to lift/carry 50 pounds and push/pull 50 pounds. Seeing and depth perception are required in order to perform thorough inspections.
High school diploma or equivalent and one year related experience required. Must possess the ability to read and write. Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record. Experience with local delivery vehicles up to 4 tons/6 wheels preferred. Ability to operate a mechanized lift gate. Must be able to meet contract security requirements.
Melwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free workplace. Pre-employment background checks, including E-Verify, are required for all employment positions. Melwood has an Affirmative Action Plan in place.