What you’ll do:
· Conduct aquatic classes in accordance with YMCA program standards.
· Provide a safe environment that allows members and participants to learn. Encourage and support students to provide an enjoyable aquatics experience.
· Evaluate swimming and certification skills; complete progress reports and course records for each session; complete communications for parents and participants.
· Participate as a part of the aquatics staff team in providing a safe and enjoyable environment. Respect others by arriving on time and in accordance with schedule.
· Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
· Provide excellent service to members and participants. Communicate all pool rules and ensure that you are accessible and identifiable.
· Maintain current instructor certifications, pursue YMCA certifications.
· Maintain pool logs, incident/accident reports, locker room checks and other documents as required.
· Perform other related duties as required.
What you need to succeed:
· 18 years of age with successful completion of swimming skills test.
· Current YMCA or ARC swim lesson instructor certification with 2 year related experience.
· Current ARC CPR/AED Professional Rescuer and ARC first aid certifications.
· Ability to work with others. Sensitive to others.
· Exhibit strong leadership skills; possess a passion for member service, building and maintaining a culture of member service excellence
Some benefits and perks of working at the Y:
Flexible work schedule, a free membership, discounted programming, participation in the Y Retirement Fund, health and wellness benefits, and opportunities for continuing education, professional training and development.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.73 to $13.61 /hour