Do you love Auntie Anne's Pretzels or Cinnabons?
Do you like to be busy?
Do you like to lead and inspire a team to really make a difference?
Do you like to bake, love our products, and really take care of the guest?
If you answered, yes, then we want to meet you asap! We will develop you and train you; and really invest in your future!
What's in it for you:
Cash Incentives for great mystery shop scores, ten positive monthly feedback survey's from our guests , free food (yes, really FREE pretzels and drinks!), medical, dental, and vision insurance (for everyone working over 30 hours), good hours of operation, partnership with a non-for-profit that helps children with cancer #alexlemonadestand, full time or part time opportunities available, opportunities for advancement, 401K after a year of service, monthly WOW employee gift card recognition, annual service anniversary gift cards, and more!
Who are we:
Double P Corp., we are one the largest franchisees of Auntie Anne's Pretzels! We've created something special: a better place to eat and work. Our mission – “To provide every guest a positive experience, one pretzel at a time”. We also own and operate Cinnabon Bakeries and Red Mango frozen Yogurt stores (co-branded) with Auntie Anne's. Check out our website: www.doublepcorp.com or like us on Facebook Page at: Auntie Anne's Pretzels – Double P Corp/Canadian Pretzel LLC.
We have 90 store locations - from California, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, Ohio, and Wisconsin. Complies with all health and sanitation laws and regulations.
Our locations require a food handlers permit for Illinois, California, Nevada and Jackson County in Missouri
St. Louis County in Missouri - Hepatitis Shot
JOB REQUIREMENTS /PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The essential job functions are prolonged/stationary standing, walking, squatting, bending, and repetitive and constant hand/arm motions (i.e. rolling, dipping pretzels/cinnabons)
- The ability to lift up to 50+ pounds.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high stressed environment when dealing with systems/guests/staff.
- Work with agility.
- Assist in training and developing new hires.
- Occasional long hours within the state and federal applicable laws.
- Ability to write simple correspondence [In English]. Ability to effectively share information in one-on one and small group settings to guests, and other employees of the organization who only speak English for safety and communication purposes.
- Ability to test products by taste, color and smell
- Customer Service
- Effective Communication
- Dependability/ Reliability
- Quality and safety focus
- Results Orientated/Time Management
- Integrity, you do the right thing even when on one is watching
- Quality and safety focus
- Adaptability/handles ambiguity
- Financial Acumen
- Decision making and problem solving
- Composure; ability to defuse situations.
- Personal learning.
- Leadership/Coaching of People