Technology at Wells Fargo is at the heart of what enables us to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. The Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) team leads technology for one of the highest market cap financial services institutions in the world, helping 76.6 million customers conduct an average of 95 million transactions each day, helping more end-customers every day – both in the United States and across the globe – than any other division in our company.
Enterprise Information Technology at Wells Fargo offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. Through technology and operations services, EIT interacts with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, mobile, online, ATM and telephone transactions. EIT impacts customers directly through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through Wells Fargo business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers financial needs. EIT strives to be a competitive advantage for the company and effective information management is one example of where we can take our capabilities to a new level of excellence.
The EIT team helps customers directly every time they do business with the company, delivering a true One Wells Fargo experience and ensuring their security, regardless of channel. EIT also helps customers by remaining trusted partners working with all lines of business to develop and deliver value-added products and services. To do this, EIT draws on the talents and motivation of thousands of technology team members across the enterprise.
We are seeking a leader and clear communicator who has the ability to work as part of a team, lead projects and initiatives, as well as work autonomously. Candidates will have a superb attention to detail and a strong focus on data quality; a demonstrated ability to quickly learn, retain, and apply business rules and terminology; apply good interpersonal skills, and perform effectively under time pressures. Highly developed organizational skills and a proven track record of leadership are required to plan and organize large projects, monitor results and make necessary adjustments to meet project goals and deadlines.
Technology Operational Process and Data Management (TOPDM)
This role is part of the Technology Operational Performance and Data Management (TOPDM) within the Technology Operations Data Services (TODS) group. This group is responsible for the oversight, inventory, and lifecycle and reporting of Wells Fargo’s operational data required to manage the business of technology. Responsibilities include:
Develop, define, manage and provide oversight of the reporting necessary to support the Vulnerability Central Remediation Program. Deliver continuous improvement of the quality, taxonomy, and proper accessibility of technology operational data.
This position will share accountability for leading the Vulnerability Analytics team and will be responsible for creating, maintaining, and augmenting data and analysis solutions within TOPDM environment, utilizing multiple presentation solutions, including PowerPoint, Excel/Excel Web Services, Tableau, SAS, and SSRS. Strong Tableau and\or Microsoft Power Bi skills with experience using these tools to develop and tell a story with large amounts of data from many data sources is required for this position. This position will work directly with Vulnerability Central, EIT, and EIS leadership to identify and analyze data insights into key metrics related to Vulnerability and Patching. This requires going beyond reporting the metrics and demonstrating a strong drive to learn the business drivers, constant awareness of program level objectives, building relationships with asset class owners to understand key trends, and tying this together in a meaningful story which executives use on a regular basis to communicate status, challenges, and trends up to the board of directors and regulators. This includes ownership and expertise of all tasks from gathering requirements, documentation of metadata and lineage, database and ETL design and development, analytics, data visualization, research and narrative, and developing the story in a dashboard or PowerPoint deck. The candidate may complete all of these activities or may direct these activities with peers and coordinate with business systems consultants and relationship managers to ensure these tasks are completed while running point as the owner of the final implementation. Candidates will have this combined skillset and demonstrated experience and have a strong sense of ownership of the accuracy, process, controls, and usefulness of reports and analytics they create in addition to the overall team. Depending on the business and technical need, this position may specialize in one of these areas for the duration of a task or project or may span multiple areas. Flexibility and a willingness to take ownership and drive to completion is required. Other tasks as assigned including adhoc reporting and emergency reporting sometimes requiring nonstandard hours to support business partners. Communication skills and the ability to develop a story from the data are a must along with strong data visualization and database skills.
Duties typically include providing leadership & insights, developing analytical strategies, performing analytical support and/or modeling regarding a wide array of business initiatives. This job may require application of analytical, statistical modeling, and forecasting methods. This position will leverage Tableau, Power BI, SQL Server (SSRS, T-SQL, etc.) and/or Excel to develop and maintain Business Intelligence dashboards & reporting, automate metrics calculations from available source data, and provide ad-hoc analytics with focus on EIT objectives, based on business requirements and in partnership with stakeholders. This position may lead projects/virtual teams and mentor lower level staff.
10+ years of experience in analytics, modeling or a combination of both; or a PhD in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 7+ years of experience in analytics, modeling, or a combination of both
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to organize, prioritize
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience meeting high production and quality standards in a fast paced, development and production support environment
- Ability to research, analyze, document, and present organizational metrics that drive business decisions
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- Ability to research, compile, and present critical operational data in executive summaries
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
- Strongly prefer 5+ Years Tableau and\or Microsoft Power Bi skills with experience using these tools to develop and tell a story with large amounts of data from many data sources.
- Strongly prefer excellent communication skills with proven track record of working directly with senior executives to gather requirements, develop solutions, and provide data insights through analytics and reporting, creation and delivery of presentation of data and insights, and directing these activities with peers consultants and teams.
- Strong drive with a sense of ownership of reporting and analytics from end to end including a constant drive to learn business and technical drivers, how these impact data and insights, the ability to tie these insights together with limited direction, ability to document and share this knowledge with peers, and ability to clearly determine the story and communicate it to senior executives.
- Demonstrated ability to aggregate, analyze, and present large amounts of structured and unstructured data to senior executives in an accurate, traceable, and timely fashion.
- This position requires effective communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact and collaborate with other IT teams including application development, System Engineers, Architect, security & compliance and project management office as well as business customers, auditors, risk, executives, and external vendors
- 8+ Years of progressive experience with three or more of the following technologies Tableau, SSRS, Base SAS, R, T-SQL, PL/SQL, SSIS, VB.NET, Abinitio, Qlikview, Power BI, or Power Pivot with a focus on metric creation, analytics, and visually presenting insights generated from large data sets to internal and external audiences including narrative creation and full understanding of the data and story being presented.
- 5+ years:
- Development of enhanced BI visualizations using Tableau, SSRS, and other data visualization technologies
- Design and development of SSAS Cubes, MDX Queries (OLAP), Tabular Models
- Development of enhanced BI visualizations using Tableau applying up to date best practices.
- Experience using other solutions such as Qlikview, Power BI, Power Pivot, etc.
- Development with reporting/statistical technologies (SSRS, R, SAS, etc.)
- Development experience (T-SQL, SQL Server 2008/2014/2016, SSIS, Hadoop, Apache Hive, Aqua Studio)
- years of experience creating pivot tables and performing data analysis in Excel
- Previous working experience in EIT or the Financial Industry or with Qualys or other Vulnerability related reporting First-hand experience with key IT operational data sources, such as Remedy, Qualys, DMaN, ISAI, ADDM, e2e/PTP, PMUWS, SHRP, and others
- 2+ years of experience performing version control with Team Foundation Server (TFS) or similar
- MCSE, MCSD, BASESAS, or Tableau Certified
- Ability to diagnose and correct performance problems
- Demonstrates initiative in taking on additional responsibilities when needed.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency in completing tasks and resolving issues in order to deliver a quality project on time and within budget.
- A solid individual contributor & proven leader (managing less advanced team members as well as managing an overall project life cycle), and cooperative team player.
- Utilizes proactive and creative approaches to meeting client needs and improving levels of service where possible
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Ability to work on call as assigned
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled