TheHead, Intellectual Property & Innovation Development (IP&ID) isresponsible for strategically developing and maintaining the intellectualproperty portfolio for Ophthalmic Diagnostics and aligning our activities andoutputs with the MED and ZEISS entities. In addition, you will implementOphthalmic Diagnostics innovation processes globally and in partnership withthe Research Leadership Council build a highly competitive innovation cultureacross the business.
· Facilitatea team of technical, legal and business professionals working on intellectualproperty development globally. (in partnership with the IP and businessdevelopment community)
· Refineand implement ODx’s global innovation processes to achieve market technical andclinical leadership. Identify programs and actively promote creative approachesto building a culture of innovation in the business. (in partnership with theglobal R&D Leadership Team)
· Defineand measure ODx innovation metrics, benchmark these against industry standardsand implement programs to ensure market leading performance. Conduct regularinnovation surveys to determine the health of ODx’s innovation culture. (inpartnership with the R&D Leadership Team)
· Plan,facilitate, and report on the Research Leadership Council meetings and thequarterly ODx business review meetings.
· Definethe strategy for and lead Zeiss’ participation in ARVO, our key scientificannual conference. (in partnership with RLC and Expert Ladder)
· ManageIP administrative activities including but not be limited to management ofpatent databases, invention disclosure records, prosecution activities,maintenance fee decisions, patent labeling, patent awards, competitive patentmonitoring, and internal process and policy documents.
· ConductPatent Strategy and Patent Committee meetings to define and execute our IPstrategy.
· Monitorindustry activities to identify opportunities and threats to our IP portfolioand current and future business operations and plans.
· Directthe activities of internal staff and external counsel to perform patentsearching, prepare patent applications, and draft responses to Patent Officeactions.
· Performproject related IP analysisfor product development.
· SupportIP litigation of intellectual property.
· Masters in technicalor engineering degree or equivalent required.
· 12+ years’experience with 5+ years in intellectual property working on medical technologyrequired.
· 5+ years’experience program managing complex projects required.
· 5+ years’experience with U.S. intellectual property law and the USPTO required.
· 5+ years’experience reviewing, writing and debating technology publications, legalcontracts and patent submissions required.
· 3+ years’experience managing highly educated professionals required.
· Demonstratedbusiness relationship skills with experience managing external partners.
· Demonstratedability to effectively work and communicate with technical, business and legalteams
· Demonstratedability to manage priorities and work in a hands-on, fast-paced,multi-disciplined team
Job Type: Full-time