Dean of Scholars Associate
Building a foundation of skills, knowledge and character, University Prep educates every K-5 scholar for a four-year college degree and life of opportunity.
Why you’ll love us:
"We have been a part of the University Prep family from the beginning. Over the past school years, I've been so proud to see my child grow, learn, and get the support that I feel every child should receive.” – U Prep Parent
At U Prep, we’re doing things differently. Three major focus areas drive our work each day, ensuring we stay true to the promises we make to every one of our families – a genuine life of opportunity for their child.
Academics - Academic excellence for every child sits at the center for our work. U Prep offers all scholars challenging, college prep content, along with the support and encouragement necessary to master it. We believe every child will achieve greatness when they are equally challenged, supported and loved.
Character - A focus on growing good students and good people is at the heart of our mission. U Prep knows that to succeed in life, scholars must have a strong and confident character. Our schools go beyond a foundation of academic skills and knowledge with the development of our PREP values - Pride, Responsibility, Enthusiasm, and Perseverance.
Vision - You can only dream as far as you can see - we make sure all of our students see what’s truly possible. All children deserve the opportunity to see the opportunities that live outside of their classrooms. Within our K - 5 experience our scholars get to see a range of colleges and careers that will become their reality.
Achieving big dreams takes hard work and a team effort. Our approach to education and the genuine partnership we build with our families means the possibilities for U Prep scholars are unlimited.
As passionate as we are about our children and families we are equally committed to staff. Our package includes, but is not limited to the following:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Highly competitive starting salaries in comparison with other public charter schools in our city.
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including PERA 401K option.
- 100% of medical benefit covered for all employees, and options to elect dental, vision, critical illness and accident benefits.
- Up to $600 in contributions to a personal wellness account.
- Three weeks of summer professional development (PD) for new employees.
- Robust PD over the course of the school year (including our Summer Institute)
** 140+ hours of PD for new staff
- Weekly personalized coaching and supports:
** Time to connect (our leaders go beyond helping develop your technical skills and ensure we know what’s going on with you)
** Real-time coaching
** Observation feedback sessions
What you’ll do:
- Weekly time to collaborate and engage with team members with a focus on helping all of our scholars succeed.
- Potential access to signing bonuses and moving stipends.
- Work closely with the Dean of Scholars and the school based team to create a consistent, focused, joyful and safe learning environment.
- Communicate regularly and proactively with scholars, families and staff.
- Directly support the scholar reset room when a scholar needs to be removed from the learning environment for disruptive behaviors ensuring a quick reflection and return back to the classroom.
- Assist in running In School Suspensions (ISS) to ensure scholars are on a positive path to classroom re-entry.
- Support scholars progress in ISS to ensure a successful return to the classroom and a mitigation of repeat offenses.
- Assist in the data collection and implementation of individual student behavior plans.
- Use data-driven evidence to inform behavior management.
- Assist the Dean of Scholars and school-based leadership team with data input, ensuring records are thorough and current to be used for analysis and decision making. This also includes the input of data into the schools behavior dashboard to track critical school-based behavior data.
- Teach & enforce school-wide systems, rules & consequences, disciplinary codes, and rewards at all times.
- Collaborate with other staff members and actively participate in all professional development and learning opportunities.
- Work closely with the Dean of Scholars, engage in regular meetings, in the moment feedback, and consistent team reflections.
- Support during transitions and school wide daily activities (breakfast, lunch, recess) to ensure behavior expectations are being upheld and school values are being lived at all times.
- Engage in one-on-one behavioral and/or academic supports for extended periods of time with scholars in greater need of intensive supports.
- Maintain accurate student discipline records.
- Participate in additional activities including field trips, intensive academic support sessions, and other required programs as needed throughout year.
- Continuously use feedback to make productive changes in overall performance.
- Complete all administrative requirements before given deadlines.
- Full commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of University Prep.
- Full commitment to organization’s core values and core identity statement.
- Unyielding optimism that children can perform at or above grade level regardless of where they may be starting their educational journey.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Demonstration of cultural competence and a humility/commitment to continue growing in this area.
- Strong organizational skills as evidenced by exceptional time and task management.
- Experience or familiarity working with students, especially in a K-5 setting.
- Strong track record of success in building positive staff, scholar and parent relationships.
- Openness to feedback, desire to continue development as a professional, and willingness to take responsibility for scholar outcomes and achievement without excuse.
- Ability to work full-time, including some evenings and weekends along with a “whatever it takes” disposition.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish).
As an equal opportunity employer, University Prep hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.