POSITION: Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner
REPORTS TO: Nurse Practitioner Clinical Manager
- Obtains and records complete health history for female and male clients, including gynecological/ genitourinary, contraceptive, medical, surgical, pregnancy/pregnancies fathered, sexual, social, and family health histories.
- Performs appropriate screening physical examination for both men and women with special emphasis on the reproductive system, including female breast and pelvic examination, male genital exam, obtaining specimens for STD screening, cytology, vaginal smears and other types of specimens as indicated.
- Performs, orders and interprets results of routine laboratory tests, and consults with collaborating physician as needed.
- Develops and implements treatment plans, taking into consideration the patient’s goals of care and current conditions.
- Provides education and counseling in areas of health maintenance and reproductive health care, such as nutrition, exercise, genetics, sexuality, adolescent health, childbearing, menopause, and tobacco, alcohol and substance use for both men and women.
- Provides assessment, education and management for comprehensive family planning care, including contraception, preconception health, basic infertility, achieving pregnancy, pregnancy testing and counseling, and sexually transmitted diseases consistent with quality family planning standards.
- Provides assessment and clinical management of men with genital concerns and women having minor gynecological and contraceptive problems as per Adagio Health clinical policies and standards.
- Performs procedures such as IUD insertion and removal and implant insertion and removal, and others as trained.
- Perform colposcopy if a certified colposcopist.
- Provides ambulatory prenatal and postpartum care for women with uncomplicated pregnancies (at certain locations); provide postpartum visits, post pregnancy termination or post miscarriage visits at all locations.
- Collaborates with other health care professionals in providing comprehensive care.
- Provides referrals as needed to other health and social services in the community, especially to connect patients with primary care providers.
- Collaborates with Office Manager in the training and evaluation of the office staff.
- Provides input into the development and review of clinical policies and standards for family planning and prenatal care as needed or requested.
- Precepts nurse practitioner, physician assistant and medical students and medical residents as needed.
- Maintains patient medical records and medical documentation consistent with federal and state regulations and Adagio Health standards and policy through our EMR system.
- Prescribes medications as credentialed by the State Board of Nursing.
- Meets regularly with the collaborating physician to review cases and documents such reviews.
- Participates in community outreach and education events.
- Travels to other offices as needed to fill in for nurse practitioners.
- Participates in Adagio Health work groups, committees and meetings.
- Other related duties as deemed necessary.
- Successful completion of an accredited nurse practitioner
- Pennsylvania RN and NP licensure, and certification in relevant specialty required.
- Ability to travel.
HIGHLY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s Degree or DNP preferred.
- Family Planning experience preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Family Nurse Practitioner: 3 years (Required)
- Pennsylvania RN and NP (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
Relocation Assistance Provided: