Daytime Supervisor- Women's Emergency Shelter - 48th Location
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Denver has been serving northern Colorado since 1927. We serve tens of thousands of people each year in seven ministries: Marisol Services (for women), Early Childhood Education, Shelter Services, Archdiocesan Housing, St. Raphael Counseling, Family, Kinship, and Senior Services; and Parish & Community Services.
Our employees are crucial to our success in achieving our Mission of extending the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to the poor and those in need. Catholic Charities provides a work environment where self-motivated and mission driven individuals are recognized and rewarded. We accomplish this through:
- Employer sponsored training
- Culture of Trauma-Informed Care
- Generous compensation and benefits package.
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to welcoming applicants and program participants of all faiths; as well as an inclusive and welcoming environment for staff, volunteers, and program participants. Candidates who bring diversity to our team are encouraged to apply.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:*
A Shelter Supervisor at Catholic Charities:
- Applies appropriate techniques and standards in program development and service delivery consistent with our mission, values and Catholic teachings.
- Implements program objectives and performance standards as directed by management
- Follows budget as set by manager. Provides input into process.
- Maintains accurate and timely program statistical data to meet reporting requirements. Enters data and generates reports
- Directs, coordinates and monitors program staff to achieve goals.
- Enforces shelter rules uniformly and consistently.
- Responsible for staff scheduling and ensures proper staff coverage at all times.
- Acts in a responsible manner within the shelter rules to ensure the safety of persons and property at the shelter.
- Knowledge of basic CPR/First Aid and AED to address crisis situations.
- Follows procedures and guidelines set forth in operating guidelines manual(s) to help maintain structure and order in the living environment
- Development of policies and procedures of the shelter operation.
- Ensures proper intakes, orientations and discharges are completed for each client according to procedures,
- Responds appropriately to needs and crisis situations.
- Resolves guest issues/disputes following established policies and procedures.
- May be responsible for covering shifts when staff call out to ensure coverage.
Applicable shelter staff.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with homeless and/or in a residential setting, preferably with military, veterans, dually diagnosed mental health and substance abuse clients.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate and timely case files
- Ability to use computer to enter data and create reports in databases and word processing software.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately resolve crisis situations.
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate staff through application of Agency values
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base
- Bilingual Spanish preferred but not required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE*
Associates Degree from an accredited college or university and two years’ experience in a related human services, homeless, mental health or substance abuse field. Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) preferred but not required and one-year related experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS*
- Valid CO driver’s license, satisfactory driving record and proof of insurance required.
- CPR, First Aid and AED or ability to obtain within 45 days of employment.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:*
Salary: $19.50/hr. Bilingual differential available- $1/hr.
Schedule: WES 48th is open 24/7. This position is 40 hours per week and may require flexibility.
Training: We provide a robust training curriculum that will support our employees throughout their career. Training provided includes: Food Safety, De-escalation, CPR and AED, Substance Abuse & Mental Health; Human Trafficking; Trauma Informed Care; and more.
Benefits: In addition to being part of a higher purpose while working in a challenging yet rewarding environment, eligible Catholic Charities employees receive a generous benefits package, including:
- Extensive Paid Time Off including 9 Paid Holidays annually (4 weeks accrual for new employees - increasing yearly) promoting work life balance.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Agency contribution of 4% & match up to 2% of annual compensation.
- Choice of 3 PPO Medical Plans (90% of employee's and 75% of dependent’s premiums is paid by Agency), Dental, & Vision starting the 1st day of the month following start date.
- May be eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness through Federal Student Loans and many more benefits.
**Full-time employees (30 - 40 hours per week) also receive paid annual leave, company paid holidays, and 403b retirement plan with agency contribution and match.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM? If you are ready to make answer the call and make a difference, please submit your application online at ccdenver.org/careers. We look forward to meeting you!
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Location: 4330 E 48th Avenue, Denver, CO 80216
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.50 per hour