IVY unites rising leaders and introduces them to the most inspiring people, ideas, and experiences in the world. Over the last three years, we've built a dynamic team of 70 rock-stars, and established IVY as the leading community of entrepreneurs, artists, and innovators in the USA. IVY currently has 20,000 members and 100,000 registrants, with seven chapters across New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC, Boston, and Miami (with plans to expand across 50 global cities). We host more than 1,000 experiences per year to bring our curriculum to life, including dinner and seminars with leading thinkers, art immersions, film screenings, global trips, and social impact activities. Led by two Harvard Business School graduates, we are backed by a renowned group of investors, including early investors in Facebook, Spotify, and Uber, as well as serial entrepreneurs with numerous successful exits.
We believe everyone has limitless potential, and our vision is for IVY to be the catalyst for achieving unprecedented human unity, progress, and fulfillment. Our curriculum enables rising leaders to elevate the world through experiential learning and collaborations focused on entrepreneurship, arts, social impact, policy, wellness, science, and philosophy. In the coming years, we will transform every global city into an immersive lifelong campus that provides everyone with the ideas, experiences, and connections they need to make a lasting positive impact on the world. The inspiration for IVY was strongly influenced by our Founders' experiences at institutions like Harvard Business School, and the ways in which collegiate communities are able to accelerate ones' social, professional, and intellectual development. We are obsessed with creating a global community that provides the same benefits throughout life.
Our network is growing rapidly and we are looking for a highly entrepreneurial and motivated Events Captains who will work under the direct supervision of our IVY Event Lead to assist in the planning and execution of a diverse calendar of programs including talks, cocktail parties, art gallery receptions, intimate dinners and cultural outings. The ideal candidate is organized, self-motivated, and able to execution an event on their own while taking direction. Hours and assigned tasks will be on an as needed ongoing basis.
Previous events experience is required along with availability during traditional and non traditional work hours.
The Ideal candidate will:
- Assist Event Lead with all pre-event related tasks including but not limited to: booking staffing, DJ's, entertainment, photographers, catering, ordering supplies, printing event collateral, and creating timelines
- Act as the Lead Event Producer on-site at event from start to finish including set up, managing event staff, A/V, rentals, timeline, food & beverage, vendors, and load-out
- Assist with all other event related tasks as assigned
- Have a passion for events and community
- Have experience running events and troubleshooting
- Have experience managing staff
- Be flexible with work hours and committed to getting the job done
- Be prepared to meet an inspiring network of creative and motivated individuals