Help Me Grow (HMG) home visiting program is a voluntary family support program for pregnant women and new parents. The HMG program promotes healthy growth and development for babies and children 0-3 years old. The home visitor is a well-trained professional who uses a non-judgmental and compassionate approach that empowers parents with skills, tools and confidence to nurture the healthy growth of their children. The home visitor is responsible for building trusting relationships with families based on the Healthy Families America (HFA) model. Using the HFA model, the home visitor will establish positive home environments, promote strong attachments through parent-child interactions, and enhancing family well-being by reducing risk and building protective factors.
Essential Job Functions
Home Visiting 80%
- Schedule and provide regular home visits with families
- Conduct ongoing screenings and assessments such as ASQ’s and other required tools.
- Implements research-based curriculum, Growing Great Kids, during home visits.
- Support and guide families in the development of the Family Goal Plan and encourage families in achieving goals.
- Connect families with community resources when needed
- Documents observations of children and families through home visits progress notes and completes required documentation in accordance with program expectations
- Maintains electronic case notes and program records
- Meets weekly with supervisor to reflect on family’s progress and review interventions needed
Other Duties 20%
- Participates in weekly team meetings
- Completes training required by ODH, HFA, and Growing Great Kids
- Obtain home visitor credential and maintain credential throughout employment
- Assists and refers to community resources
- Actively engage in parent meetings and virtual events
- Coordinate services with other community agencies
Education and Experience
- Home visitation experience preferred; prior experience working with children and families highly preferred
- Knowledge of infant and child development
- High school diploma required, Associate degree preferred in Early Childhood Education, Social Work, Human Development and Family Studies, or related field
- Must have proficient communication and writing skills
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries when providing supportive services
- Experience and humility to work with the culturally diverse families
- Must have working knowledge of office computers and software
- Willing to engage in building reflective capacity (e.g., capacity for introspection, communicating awareness of self in relation to others, recognizing value of supervision, etc.)
- Must have valid driver’s license; provide own transportation and proof of insurance
- Must have cell phone to be used for communication with families and for other program needs
- Must be able to travel throughout the community (Lucas County) and work in private homes
- Must be able to work independently as well as a team player
Apply on company website
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $36,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- How many years of home visiting experience do you have?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Early childhood education: 2 years (Preferred)
- driver's license (Required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: On the road