Total Care Home Health Agency, is currently seeking an LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) to administer care to patients requiring in home treatment in the Miami Dade areas with experience with patients on ventilator, tracheostomy and PEG tube feeding.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The LPN shall provide assigned nursing care under the direction of a Registered Nurse who provides on-site supervision as needed, based upon the severity of patient's medical condition and the nurse's training experience.
- The LPN shall prepare and record clinical notes for the clinical records.
- Report any changes in the patient' condition to the case manager/registered nurse with the reports documented in the clinical record.
- Perform assigned tasks, including the administration of treatment and medications, in the care of the patient within the scope or practice authorized buy the license issued by the state for a licensed practical nurse.
- Reviews the utilization and progress of the patient with the RN, supervisor and attending physician as necessary.
- Has knowledge of patient's condition at all times and informs the physician, physician assistant, advanced registered nurse practitioner, RN and/or the Nursing Supervisor immediately of any change in the patient' condition that warrants attention.
- Observes, evaluates, and reports to the physician any reaction the patient has to drugs or treatments.
- Interprets to the patient and family the expectations of the diagnosis and the nature of the treatment consistent with the action and wishes of the physician.
- Interprets to the social and physical factors in the environment that affect patient care, by RN supervision.
- Responsible for the execution of the physician's orders, supervised by an RN.
- Keeps physician informed of all pertinent information concerning the patient's condition and response to treatment.
- Gives skill of care to patient.
- Other duties assigned by the RN.
- Participate in in-services program
- Discharge planning under RN supervision.
- Able to speak, read and write in English.
- Able to read assignments, follow directions.
- Able to communicate and respond clearly via telephone and respond toe patient's spoken needs.
- Ability to physically transfer, lift or assist patients whose average weight is 160 pounds with or without the aid of mechanical devices.
- Able to spend 80% of the work standing and/or moving about.
- Able to walk, climb stairs, stoop, twist, bend and squat to perform essential job functions.
- Able to concentrate on detail with frequent interruptions.
- Able to follow, complete and remember daily routines and requirements.
- Able to comprehend and utilize professional education materials.
- Able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Ensure HIPAA guidelines and procedures and maintained.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $19.00 /hour
- Tube Feeding: 1 year (Required)