The Financial Information Services Agency and the Office of Payroll Administration (FISA-OPA) has a vacancy for Senior PeopleSoft HCM Analyst to support ongoing production maintenance and system enhancements of the HR, Benefits and Payroll functions. Under the direction of the analyst manager, the Senior PeopleSoft HCM Analyst shall have the primary responsibility of ensuring the quality of the software application to meet the City's functional and technical requirements mid enable FISA to operate and maintain the application in a cost effective manner.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Work in a techno-functional capacity with a good understanding of business processes, relational databases and PeopleSoft table structures. Collaborate with release teams to provide analysis, design, development, and testing guidance. Analyze and document business requirements, and review functional specifications with business owners for approval. Review functional specifications with technical staff during transition to technical design.
Responsibilities include the following:
. This analyst will work as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in PeopleSoft payroll and Garnishments.
. SME will be responsible for designing the process flows and run books for payroll processing of Garnishments.
. SME should have in depth knowledge of different types of Garnishments like Employee's Creditor, Federal Debt. NY State Tax Levy, Student Loan, Bankruptcy, IRS Tax Levy, and Child Support.
. SME should have in depth knowledge of different payroll components like Federal/State/Local taxes, Social Security and Medicare Taxes, earnings, deductions and additional pay.
. SME should be able to run the payroll processes fur different pay cycles and debug the errors.
. SME should haw understanding of civil service actions with the corresponding PeopleSoft payroll transactions lo ensure the integrity of the Civil Service process.
. This analyst will also be responsible for functional/data analysis, creation and review of requirements, customization's, documentation, and promotion of code using People Tools 8.5X.
. Extensive knowledge of the following modules - PeopleSoft HR, Benefits, eHire (TAM and Candidate Gateway), eProfile, ePerformnnce, Employee Profiles (Accomplishments), Absence Management and Workers Compensation.
. Extensive knowledge or integration of People Soft modules with other systems, customization, upgrades and patches across multiple environments.
. Work closely with the Project Manager, Business Analysts, Developers, Testers, and key business partners to design, develop, test, and implement product initiatives to support the New York City Automated Personnel System (NYCAPS).
. Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
. Work in a techno-functional capacity with a good understanding of business processes, relational databases and PeopleSoft table structures.
. Collaborate with release teams to provide analysis, design, development, and testing guidance. Analyze and document business requirements and review functional specifications with business owners for approval. Review functional specifications with technical staff during transition to technical design
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics or related field and six years of satisfactory full-time experience related to enterprise architecture, solutions architecture, network architecture and/or IT infrastructure systems; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and ten years of satisfactory full-time experience related to enterprise architecture, solutions architecture, network architecture and/or IT infrastructure systems; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
- Extensive experience in doing system design architecture and in writing system design documents. Includes experience specifying logical operations the system will perform and the way the data will be used by the user.
- Extensive PeopleSoft 8.x/9.x (v.9.2 with tools 8.56 is a plus) techno-functional experience with HR and Benefits Administration.
- Extensive experience with PeopleSoft HCM functionality and business rules.
- Experience in documenting processes for HR, Payroll and Benefits modules.
- Experience preparing program specifications.
- Extensive designing data structures,
- Experience’ analyzing data using SQL.
- Experience participating in design walkthroughs and preparations of test plans.
- Should also have experience with full-lifecycles PeopleSoft HR, Payroll and Ben Admin implementation experience.
- Working knowledge of app messaging is required (integration broker).
- Experience with PeopleCode, SQR, SQL, App Designer, Toad.
- Experience working on PeopleSoft interfaces into legacy and 3rd party systems.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM Database model.
- Understanding of systems development lifecycle methodologies.
- Experience working with an enterprise wide, large-scale implementations.
- Excellent communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Taleo is a plus.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID #422733. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA-OPA.
FISA/OPA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm
New York City Residency is not required for this position.