Nutanix is rapidly moving towards a Pure Software Play model, and this journey requires a shift in how Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Operating System is built and packaged for consumption beyond the current set of Hardware Platforms & Configurations. While on this journey, it is highly essential for us to keep fueling the business with the latest and greatest of Server and HW technologies and deliver the Nutanix experience to our customers across a wide variety of hardware solutions.
How often does one get to be part of a company's epic journey, which gives an opportunity to look back in a few years and say, "You know what, it all started with a small team that I was a key member of!"
In this lead role, you will own selection and qualification of Solid State Devices targeted to Nutanix, OEM and strategic partners platforms. Your key responsibilities will be to:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Provide technical leadership on Solid State technology. Facilitate cross-functional exploration of new technology and enable integration into platforms and Nutanix software solutions.
- Follow Solid State Device landscape closely, evaluate solutions from different suppliers, and own qualification processes for inclusion of the components into the Nutanix Compatibility list.
- Drive component suppliers, platform vendors and internal teams to meet rigorous qualification criteria for the component.
- Lead sustaining plans and address component SW upgrades and EOL scenarios in a timely manner.
- Own and develop component test plans, identify test coverage gaps and coordinate test automation.
- BS/MS in EE/CS/CE with a minimum of 10 years of experience with Solid State Devices, 5+ years in a lead role.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of x86 enterprise architecture, and manageability. Familiarity with OS/Driver/Component interaction. Understanding of virtualization is a plus.
- Deep understanding of Server Storage technology and interface protocols, e.g. SAS, SATA, NVMe.
- Understanding of Solid State Device architecture with working knowledge of NAND management i.e. garbage collection, wear leveling, performance etc.
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages is highly desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.