- Doctoral Degree
- Master's Degree
- Data Analysis
- Natural Language Processing
- Shell Scripting
Interested in Amazon Echo? We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
As a Research Scientist on our Wake Word team, you will be responsible for data-driven improvements to our spoken language understanding models. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology.
- Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, transformation, cross-lingual alignment/mapping, etc.
- Clean, analyze and select data to gauge customer experience
- Build and release models that elevate the customer experience and track impact over time
- Collaborate with colleagues from multidisciplinary science, engineering and business backgrounds.
- Present proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions to drive business decisions
- Work with engineers to develop efficient data querying and modeling infrastructure for both offline and online use cases
- MS/ Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or related field
- 3-5 years of experience with various data analysis and visualization tools
- Experience in Python, or another scripting language; command line usage, e.g., Bash
- Experience in algorithms and data structures
- Experience with various machine learning and modeling techniques and parameters that affect their performance
Proven track record of achievements in language research and development for Automatic Speech Recognition or Natural Language Processing.
- Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns and of conducting error/deviation analysis
- Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
- Thorough understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, the significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
- Experience with statistical modeling/machine learning
- The motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional level of organization
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
Ability to think creatively and solve problems
- Fluency in a foreign language
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation