Harmelin Media is seeking a social media expert to join our digital activation team. We are big thinkers and fast movers, and we hope you are too. The ideal candidate will have several years’ hands-on experience with developing and managing social media paid advertising campaigns across Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Snapchat.
The Social Media Strategist is tasked with being an expert in their discipline and understanding a wide variety of media ad opportunities across social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr, and more. This position will be responsible for creating social strategies, as well as implementation, optimization, and reporting to ensure a quality buy that delivers on campaign goals. The Social Media Strategist will communicate regularly with internal planning teams, as well as specialists across digital disciplines including display, paid search, and programmatic. They will also build relationships with representatives from various social platforms.
We are looking for a leader; a resource; a strategic partner; and someone who can roll up his/her sleeves and get the job done. If you have experience managing people, that’s a plus. If you get in the trenches with your team, you’re our kind of person.
Title and salary for position to be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Platform-based paid media buying, specifically across Facebook, Twitter, and other social platforms
- Proactively develop innovative social media solutions to fit individual client needs
- Execute and oversee day-to-day performance across campaigns, including monitoring, identifying and implementing optimizations
- Work with Account team to understand goals, address client needs, and communicate results and insights back to clients
- Interface with both account teams, and clients (as needed) regarding campaign social strategy and performance
- Work with the Reporting & Analytics team to facilitate reporting and ad hoc analysis
- Review and reconcile media invoices using the agency billing system
- Potential management of one or more direct reports
- Keep informed of relevant issues affecting social media and the digital landscape
- Other duties may be assigned as is deemed necessary to meet company needs
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years social media buying experience
- Solid understanding of the following platforms: Facebook/Instagram, Twitter
- Basic understanding of the following platforms preferred: Snapchat, Pinterest
- Basic understanding of other digital advertising channels preferred (e.g. search, display, video, etc.)
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail; excellent problem-solving skills; strategic mindset
- Ability to work in a team environment while working on projects independently
- Solid understanding of Excel
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- AFLAC and Flex Spending Accounts
- EOY medical reimbursement
- Health Advocate healthcare assistance program
- Fitness club reimbursement
- Professional and personal development allowance
- Legal services and identity theft protection
- Family owned business founded in 1982. One of the largest independent media service firms in the United States, but with the family feel and personal touch of a smaller business.
- Full service media planning and buying agency founded on traditional media but aggressively embracing the digital space with a team of 70+ digital media specialists.
- Job security, pure and simple. Harmelin Media doesn’t subscribe to the “Last one in, first one out” philosophy. Employees grow their careers at Harmelin Media and don’t have to fear being laid off due to the loss of a client.
- A 9-5 job that is truly 9-5 job. While certain situations warrant additional hours, Harmelin will never chain you to your desk and encourages employees to grow their interests outside of their workplace.
- Diverse client list across numerous verticals: Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Travel/Tourism, Healthcare, Education, Pharma, Entertainment, Finance, etc.
- Account ownership in a collaboration structure which allows for immediate impact on campaign performance and overall client satisfaction.
Job Type: Full-time
- social media buying: 2 years (Required)