** Only for Applicants who have worked for $50M+ consumer products brands**
If you're looking to join a company with a dynamic vision for the future, set your sights on a rewarding career with Avalon. Recognized as the #1 brand of bottleless water cooler dispensers, our products continually set new standards in the hydration industry. In-house opportunity only.
Job description ** Only for Applicants who have worked for $50M+ consumer products brands**
Marketing is for the person that loves a good dive deep and show a genuine interest into the world of Consumer Goods. These are the people that are consistently asking themselves what can we do to make things even easier for our consumers. Marketing at Avalon is for the person who is never satisfied with creating anything less than the best product on the market.
In this newly created position, the Chief Marketing Officers responsible for the overall marketing execution for Avalon across all channels. The CMO will define and drive all branding and commercial activities for Direct to Consumer and Retail business for Avalon globally. You will lead Brand Marketing, Digital, eCommerce, D2C, Media, PR and Creative teams and will partner with Product Marketing/Development and Sales to ensure consistent and flawless execution. The CMO will be accountable for building and driving an A+ team and helping achieve annual revenue and profit targets.
- Lead marketing on Google/Facebook/Instagram and other social channels.
- Develop and drive global brand architecture for both Avalon and ensure consistency in messaging across all consumer touch points – packaging, displays, collateral, media, PR, online, and avenues.
- Lead all global PR messaging and marketing communication strategy
- Align with overall business goals and ensure every consumer touch point is in line with the business objectives.
- Evaluate and engage outside agencies/consultants as needed to drive best in class execution
Own and deliver financial results for Direct to Consumer business.
- Deliver top line plan of $XXX mil plus
- Deliver EBITDA plan of $XXX
- Lead 10% North America Growth initiative and establish a clear role of D2C in the overall company growth
- Manage Infomercial and Digital spend of over $XXX mil and improve ROI on spending dollars
- Manage operational and development expenses to budgeted rates
- Evaluate and analyze Infomercial, Short form, and digital spend and set vision and strategy to optimize cost and maximize revenue.
*Lead and Drive Cross-Functional Teams.
- Establish a connection and proactively communicate with other senior leaders in the organization, including Consumer Insights, Product Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Category Management, and Quality
- Work closely with product marketing and engineering teams on new products and develop the marketing story and communication for all product lines.
- Drive digital-first mindset within marketing, sales and other departments
- Actively seek help and information to onboard and align to SharkNinja go to market strategy
*Operate as an Avalon senior leader.
- Operate in a manner that is consistent with how Avalon wins.
- Be an enterprise-level problem solver having a can-do, solution-oriented mindset; don’t focus on what you know/don’t know or how something has been done before but instead on how you can drive to the best possible solution (that the impossible can be achieved).
- Understand and be open about what you don’t know AND do everything in your power to learn quickly and figure it out. Plan for how to compensate for your “known unknowns.” Learn quickly.
- Be relentless, resourceful, and entrepreneurial; never settle for what you have done – constantly look for ways to do things better.
- Drive impact through inquiry; ask probing questions and push others to be their best selves.
- Be nimble and flexible; adapt quickly to changing circumstances or new insights.
- Be comfortable with risk; know that the biggest risk often comes from inaction rather than from getting it wrong.
- Operate in a prioritized fashion; know what you are trying to get done and focus your resources.
- Be in the details and hands-on; think strategically but drive to action.
- Operate consistent with and authentically embracing the SharkNinja success qualities: Challenge and be challenged, Real and authentic, Entrepreneurial mindset, Growth in self and others, Inspired and inspiring
- 10+ years marketing/management and leadership experience within a consumer product driven company
- Experience bringing products to market for big brands
- Direct ownership of all digital, media, creative and brand marketing teams
- Understanding of the “big-box” retail marketplace
- Experience leading marketing for a business with greater than $50m in sales
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business or equivalent experience, MBA preferred
- Ability to work cross-functionally with product development, engineers and other disciplines
- Demonstrated leadership skills to inspire teams
- Hands-on and the ability to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, deadline driven environment
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once, last minute requests and quick turnarounds with a positive attitude
- Ability to travel
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive salary
- Full healthcare benefits
- Life Insurance
- Other great benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing: 5 years (Preferred)